WTH? Did I land in Ibiza-gradsky ?

The growth in VIP-friendly venues leads to the island getting a reputation as catering for cash splashing and expensive fashion and that is guaranteed to attract those who want to from many countries. It just so happens that Russia has a high number of people who do.
We're having a chicken and egg argument!

My point is that Russians are not going to Ibiza because it has a reputation as a VIP haven. But that doesn't mean that they don't use those services when they're there, because some at the higher end of the market obviously do, just like they would anywhere else they decide to go.

I know people who were organizing VIP trips for super-wealthy people before Usuaia or similar venues even existed! Back then they stayed in villas, of course... now they have more (and more visible) hotel options.

airport statistics pretty well all over spain tell us that the Russian market is the fastest growing one this year. in Mallorca there has been a surge in numbers wanting to learn Russian and on the costa blanca most menus, house for sale details are all in Russian - there's even a big Russian orthodox church near Benidorm.
A certain Spotlighter even has a website to sell coastal real estate targeted specifically at Russians
(which reminds me... he hasn't been around in ages!)

yes, yet another one of the forum's 'lost boys' (the have a kid, pick up your pipe and slippers brigade)

We're having a chicken and egg argument!

My point is that Russians are not going to Ibiza because it has a reputation as a VIP haven. But that doesn't mean that they don't use those services when they're there, because some at the higher end of the market obviously do, just like they would anywhere else they decide to go.

I know people who were organizing VIP trips for super-wealthy people before Usuaia or similar venues even existed! Back then they stayed in villas, of course... now they have more (and more visible) hotel options.

I'm not having an argument I made a comment and I stand by it lolz. Flights put on because more Russians want to come to the island and loads of them in evidence spending money at fancy establishments with VIP and glitz. QED. Bosh. Thanks a lot and have a good afternoon. I'm sure they are lolz.

PS - I'm pretty sure the super-rich are still staying in Villas or on their yachts. It's not them I'm talking about it's what Brits would call middle class people - maybe a million or two in the bank to splash about, got minted recently, happy to stay in hotels and like to be seen out in the latest designer wear from Dolce & Banana, with Louis Foot-on bags & tottering around swimming pools in highly inappropriate Louboutins. We all know who they are and where they frequent on the island.... if there were no boutiques and fancy restaurants they'd go somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's what Brits would call middle class people - maybe a million or two in the bank to splash about

Them's not middle class, them's rich!!!!

(On a related not, in that thing that was on the BBC website I was 'established middle class' but would be happy with a hundred or two in the bank at the moment)

PS - I'm pretty sure the super-rich are still staying in Villas or on their yachts. It's not them I'm talking about it's what Brits would call middle class people - maybe a million or two in the bank to splash about, got minted recently, happy to stay in hotels and like to be seen out in the latest designer wear from Dolce & Banana, with Louis Foot-on bags & tottering around swimming pools in highly inappropriate Louboutins. We all know who they are and where they frequent on the island.... if there were no boutiques and fancy restaurants they'd go somewhere else.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Reads exactly like the sort of stereotyping you see of Brits in Ibiza!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Reads exactly like the sort of stereotyping you see of Brits in Ibiza!

... and you can usually see a load in both PDB and San Antoni who fit the bill 'to a 't' ' ! :lol:

I like paradise @ dc10. Does that make me Russian or from Essex? :/

I'd err on the 'Essex' given a choice between the two ;) ....

...they have quiffs instead

I thought those were the preserve of the Geordie Shore massive .. these guys have salt-induced curls and their tans are genuine ! :)

Back