Would 31 be to old to move to Ibiza for the summer?

A

andyallwood

Hi,

I'm seriously thinking of moving to Ibiza for the summer of 2012, but by then i'll be 31 :confused:

Is that too old to do that? i know most people working in the summer will probably be 18-25, but being 6 years older than the oldest of that group, could that be a hindrance?

I dj here, using vinyl, and regularly put in 16 hour shifts at work and up to 100+ hours in a week, at my 'normal' job, so i'm not afraid of hard work or long hours, would ideally love a dj job in Ibiza, but doubt there are a lot of opportunities for that.
Maybe i should learn how to use cdj's.

Anyway, opinions?

Not too old, no. I did a season at 32 and had a whale of a time. Good age to manage worker kids - I ended up being a PR manager for a couple of brands without even meaning to work.

Do it.8)

Not too old, no. I did a season at 32 and had a whale of a time. Good age to manage worker kids - I ended up being a PR manager for a couple of brands without even meaning to work.

Do it.8)

thanks for the quick response, tell me more, how did you go about it?

thanks for the quick response, tell me more, how did you go about it?

TBH, I fell into it because I knew a few people already, from promoting clubs here and a couple of parties I'd done out there.

The best bet for you would be to get out there and starting making contacts.

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH, I fell into it because I knew a few people already, from promoting clubs here and a couple of parties I'd done out there.

The best bet for you would be to get out there and starting making contacts.

sounds good thanks, it's definitely an idea!

im 33 and i'm going for the season. as long as you have the nrg & love for the island, yer never 2 old. best of luck & hope i bump into you!!:p

Im seriously thinking of doing the summer in Ibiza too! Go for it Andy, my IBFF! If both of us go it wont be as scary I guess!

Life has been nothing but **** since I came back from the Isle... Thinking of flying out last of April and hopefully getting something sorted! And dont be ridiculous! Of courseyoure not too old, you can outparty me and thats all thats the only age-related thing that counts!:D

Im seriously thinking of doing the summer in Ibiza too! Go for it Andy, my IBFF! If both of us go it wont be as scary I guess!

Life has been nothing but **** since I came back from the Isle... Thinking of flying out last of April and hopefully getting something sorted! And dont be ridiculous! Of courseyoure not too old, you can outparty me and thats all thats the only age-related thing that counts!:D

nice to hear from you KayB, my IBFF ;) you seem to have disappeared from facebook!

End of April is also when I'm thinking about going out there, as i have been advised that that is the best time to start looking for work.
Stay in touch :)

nice to hear from you KayB, my IBFF ;) you seem to have disappeared from facebook!

End of April is also when I'm thinking about going out there, as i have been advised that that is the best time to start looking for work.
Stay in touch :)

:D yeeeeyyy!!! Thats well cool! You're up for slumming it out n sh1t right?Cos Im not sure I can afford to even have my own bedroom tbh! Would rather stay for the season and then spend cash on partying!

And yeah lol I got to London and realised I hated my job so now thinking of getting a few crappy ones to save up etc and then go mental! Be totally west!

And sacked fb off until I have some sort of life plan together... Or might just create a secret one so we can still chat about all things Ibiza and your imminent NYE LDN visit!!!!!!!!

:D yeeeeyyy!!! Thats well cool! You're up for slumming it out n sh1t right?Cos Im not sure I can afford to even have my own bedroom tbh! Would rather stay for the season and then spend cash on partying!

And yeah lol I got to London and realised I hated my job so now thinking of getting a few crappy ones to save up etc and then go mental! Be totally west!

And sacked fb off until I have some sort of life plan together... Or might just create a secret one so we can still chat about all things Ibiza and your imminent NYE LDN visit!!!!!!!!

Yeah I'm up for slumming it, will just be like the hotel we stayed at ha ha, I'll share a room with ya if you like? What are IBFF's for? ;)

You still have my number right?

Also London on NYE is not looking good, might be djing in Leicester of all places, as a club night down there has asked us to team up with them for a one off night on NYE, currently finalising details at the moment.
Once you vanished on facebook i wasn't sure what the plans were for NYE or if you were still going to Amsterdam or not :/

We will have fun next summer though on the White Isle I'm sure ;)

actually the Leicester gig isn't on NYE, so if you still want to get together in London, that's good with me :)

actually the Leicester gig isn't on NYE, so if you still want to get together in London, that's good with me :)

AWESOME! London it is then! We should try and do some sort of White Isle reunion for it I reckon :D

Glad you can make it! And haha course I dont mind sharing a bed with you, wouldnt be a proper Ibiza IBFF season without it now would it ;)

Back