World Cup

Marty

Im just thinkin there, while we are all out there da world cups gonna be on.who do ya all fancy

ITALY!!!!!!!! Spain second!!!

nothing against England although I know 90% of the island will be cheering them on as I will be too unless they face Italia or Spain!

I do believe England may have the strongest midfield in the world led by Frank!

Betting fans, answer me this - can you act as a bookmaker on betfair etc? As I understand it as long as you have the means to cover it you can lay odds yourself?

If this true, then Buckley the bookie may open up on there, offering England to win at slightly better odds than standard. Is there a flaw in my logic somewhere? (Ps. I don't see England winning so discount that as a flaw)

Buckley said:
Betting fans, answer me this - can you act as a bookmaker on betfair etc? As I understand it as long as you have the means to cover it you can lay odds yourself?

If this true, then Buckley the bookie may open up on there, offering England to win at slightly better odds than standard. Is there a flaw in my logic somewhere? (Ps. I don't see England winning so discount that as a flaw)

if the odds for england to win are standard around 2/1 and buckley decides to lay england at larger odds (such as 3/1) then this figure will go straight into the first column for people wanting to back england.

obviously it will be snapped up straight away by people wanting to back england as the odds are higher than standard.

no flaw with your idea but the risk with laying bets as opposed to backing is that your liability is much greater vis-a-vis what your return will be.

PM me if you want more questions answered;)

grego said:
if the odds for england to win are standard around 2/1 and buckley decides to lay england at larger odds (such as 3/1) then this figure will go straight into the first column for people wanting to back england.

obviously it will be snapped up straight away by people wanting to back england as the odds are higher than standard.

no flaw with your idea but the risk with laying bets as opposed to backing is that your liability is much greater vis-a-vis what your return will be.

PM me if you want more questions answered;)

Indeed but I've got far more chance of winning.

So if I put them 7-1 (for example only) and was willing to lose 49K, I could win 7k. That right betmeister Greg?

Buckley said:
Indeed but I've got far more chance of winning.

So if I put them 7-1 (for example only) and was willing to lose 49K, I could win 7k. That right betmeister Greg?

correct although you pay commission to betfair so you'd win £6650 on a liability of £49K. (you'd need to check their financial rules as well as to whether there is any limit on how much you can stake for certain events)

in fact you don't need to really lay them at a higher price cos betfair will just give you the lowest odds available (so as long as there are enough people who want to back england, in terms of how much is staked - i.e. £49K's worth) then you can lay away!;)

Back