working in winter

markus

does any one know if any of the bars stay open in san ann after season cos i want to stay out there through the winter as well as summer season

im going 3 of may and looking to stay after summer season

please help :?:

markus said:
does any one know if any of the bars stay open in san ann after season cos i want to stay out there through the winter as well as summer season

im going 3 of may and looking to stay after summer season

please help :?:

I think a few of them open at the weekend but not sure if they open all year round.

hi markus,

the winter here is difficult. all bars which stay open during winter are lucky enough if they have enough business so that the owner can survive. employing staff is impossible.

i have ventured out a number of times this winter and have never seen more than 20 people at any one time in any bar - this includes pacha at the moment (not at xmas though).

if you are interested in staying the winter, you either have to earn enough money in summer to tide you over or look to get a 'proper' job. for 'proper' i mean anything non-tourist related. for this you'll need spanish.

dossing a winter here used to be a wonderful way of chilling after the summer, but since the euro came in, the prices have increased to such an extent that working is a necessity.

that sounds a bit depressing i know. if you are lucky enough to find work which pays throughout the winter, there is no finer place in europe - we've had days with weather to die for and walking salinas beach in a t-shirt in the middle of january with not a soul in sight just has to be experienced ;-)

re winter in ibiza

thanks james looks like i'll just be working the summer then

my plan b was to work the summer in ibiza then fly strait to the canneris islands is it possiple to fly from ibiza ?

"whose coat is that jacket hanging on the floor"

Back