Working in Ibiza 2003

J

Jas

After coming back from Ibiza this summer, I decided I wanted to work there for at least a month while I backpack around Europe. Alot of people told me to get there by the beginning of June to find a job. Is this true? What about finding a place to stay that is reasonably priced? Are there alot of other people looking for roommates and such. Do i need a work visa (i live in canada)?
thanks
jas

People come and go throughout the season therefore there are jobs all summer but to be sure of a job you need to be there at the begining of May when the clubs and bars are opening. You really need to ask around when you get out there. www.ibizahq.com sometimes advertise for jobs.
Even if you do need a work visa it's unlikely you will be asked for it.

you should really get there in may, to have a look around for jobs, and accomadations, but there wil be hundreds of people in the same situation as you.

Would it be hard if I tried to look for work in june? ie. for something like pr, since none of the big club nights get started till june.

jas

Hi,

i'm not to sure, it should be ok, but if you don't get a pr job, u well most certainly get bar work, and flyering, no props.

Rob

dont matter what time u go out there,people come and go,thers always jobs available,tho be easier to find a place in may

Better moment to find a job is at the end of april and during may

After May it'll not be that easy to find a good job... all you'll find it's little jobs not well paid...

Sometimes you're lucky, but most of the time you're not...

Cheers

:lol: :)

After May it'll not be that easy to find a good job... all you'll find it's little jobs not well paid...

Cheers

Cheers

hiya..yep i agree that jobs can always be found..but the best ones get handed out may/early june time! so this is the best place to look..

also in regards to lookin 4 places to stay - theres a bar at the top of the west end strip called the ship inn..and its like a mini job centre/accomodation centre...people leave adverts up for jobs and people to share accom with!

so good luck..keep lookin and you will find! its well worth it!

Back