working 2007

lucy goosey

Hi, james that post is really good information thanks for that - I have just returned from holiday in ibiza last sunday and i am going back for closing down parties at end of september.
Next year I am deffo going to work tehre, i worked in malia in 2004 and was amazing - but ibiza is so much different i think
I did malia on my own, at the minute seems i wont be heading to ibiza next year on my own but who knows..

anyone how knows for def they are going to be working in ibiza next season

give me a shout ca11an@hotmail.com

all the more people the better

luc xx

looking to go over for 6 month at the end of May...thought about it for a while n deciede to get out ther and do it... :D

Hey there all Ibiza fans.

I was out there summer of '99. Spent my 18th in Cream dancing my heart out on the little stage with Judge on the decks above me fantastic. Never forget it. Amazing Island and so far never got round to getting back due to marriage and moving but now divorcing so next year hope to be back and working and just basically enjoying the life and meeting lots of new friends so see you all there 8) x

el1981@hotmail.co.uk if you have any hints, tips, general advice or just to say hello :lol:

me n my friend rachel are looking to work out there next summer!!!

went to ibiza in 2005 and absolutely loved it...tried malia this yr and nothing beats ibiza man!!

looking to go out may next yr for as long as we can last ha!

hey im chelsea..i bin wokrin over there this year (not exacly workin, partyin most of the time..) came bk a month ago...i arrived beg may...
had to cum home, somethings happened that went rong n i had to cum home,,
im defo out for nxt season thou!x

I am going to Ibiza from Sept 4th-16th 2006. I can't wait! I am also planning on moving to Ibiza in May of 2007. This would be my first time moving and working there. I have a few questions for people that have worked in Ibiza in the past.

I will be looking for a PR position at a club. If I cannot find a PR job, I would like to work at a cafe/coffee shop. I am 22 years old (will be 23 by next may), I am very presentable, clean cut guy. I have had club/cafe/office experience in the USA.

How hard would it be to get a PR job in May? What is the average work hours/days? What is the average pay (weekly, bi-weekly?)?

What are the average wages of coffee shop/restaurant workers?

What is the average price of living in Ibiza (room in apt or studio apt)?

I am sorry for asking so many questions. I just need to know what to expect financially.

Thanks!!

hey mate...
from my experience this summer (although i barely worked,jst got myself into lots of debt..!!)
u will find pr jobs all the time..there always lookin for prs!
club prs hold interviews end of may-beg june time
ull work 9-3am in the west end maybe later..
a few bars payed a basic wage...many jst payed commison say euro a head, alot of them only 50cent ahead...
this can work to ur advantage thou if ur a good pr...peak season ull make loads!

not to sure bout cafe workers...for a lot of em u ad to spk fluent spanish...which is y i didnt bother applyi!

the appartment i was livin in was 240 a month n there was 5 of us above the ship...but it was an absolute dive...!!n i hated livin there..
nxt year im gna pay the extra and live in a nice place..
my mates were livin in a proper plush pad at 310euros a month each..
n it was soo much more like home it was nice!
n belive me its worth payin the xtra..as we ad soo many problems with r place!

hope this helps...
nehtin else email me..chelsea_green1@hotmail.com

the count dwn begins again!!Lol
9months wooooo!

ooo chelsea il have to ask ya nearer the time about gettin a ccomodation etc!

i aint too woried about findin work just woried about findin sumwhere to live!as i didnt have a propa look to the workin side of ibiza when i went as i was on my first 'mate' holiday so was just lapping all the fun up!cant wait to go back to the amazin isle of ibiza!

it will b the best thing u ever do...iv never ad soo much fun..
n the workers side of it is totally different to bein on holiday,for the bettter thou!
jst gutted i had to cut it short this year

!!!

working abroad is the best experience of your whole life its the only way to describe it!! it is such a differnt way of lving its just amazing - all is in my mind 24/7 now is ibiza anything to do with ibiza am listening reading, watching. at the minute ive got 50 best ibiza tunes on a music cahnnel - i LOVE ibiza. 5 week and ill be back there...

i found work easy to get in malia in 2004, accommodation is harder. i am going on either 35th april or 3rd may!! prob 25th april as it my bday that day so have to celebrate it in style and what better way to do it than on a flight to san an!!

if you are reading this and are thinking about going we all need to keep in touch and have a big workers spotlight meet up..

deff pay for more decent accom tho peeps, i lived in 4 diff **** holes in malia, one of them i paid a full months rent and lasted a day! was above maccys must have been pissed when i checked out the room coz seemed okay but when i moved my stuff in was rank!! so i def want decent accom!!

put all i can say is you work hard you play hard - people always say why do you wanna go and work them stupid hours, but its not working its socailising and partying every night its **** hot and if u are thinking about doing it then def go for it - you'' regret it forever if you dont

OH GOD I AM SO BLOODY EXCITED!!!!!!!

Hi guys, i have just come back from ibiza loved it......stayed in plata den bossa i want to work there next year or ibiza town, me and my mate are going but the more the merrier, i am going to learn spanish and try and fins a job and place before the season starts so i have plenty of time to do that....... its all i am thinking about at the moment

Hi guys, i have just come back from ibiza loved it......stayed in plata den bossa i want to work there next year or ibiza town, me and my mate are going but the more the merrier, i am going to learn spanish and try and fins a job and place before the season starts so i have plenty of time to do that....... its all i am thinking about at the moment

Most of the foreign workers in PDB bars and restaurants this season were from Slovakia, many of whom were taken on because many Slovakians speak German (Austrian) and PDB is much frequented by Germans.

The guys who run Joy Bar, Pago, Marinas and Tantra are Austrian, as are many of the other bar managers, and they bring over the Slovakian girls with them at the beginning of the season.

Patrik from Joy Bar told us that he trawls Austrian clubs in the Ski resorts over the winter where he is a club promoter to find attractive Slovakian ski chalet girls to work the PDB strip, he organises their accommodation and pays them a nominal wage....which by UK standards is a pittance incidentally.

The PR boys at Tantra get 1 Euro per intro, which is why they put their name on the 2nd drink free card they give out in the street and on the beach.
But they are damn good at PR work, with one english lad working the Brits and one Austrian speaking Slovakian lad working the German tourists.

Much of the appeal of barwork in PDB, and probably most of Ibiza, is the freedom to work only at night and relax on the beach during the afternoons, so although the financial rewards are minimal the lifestyle over a 16-20 week period is very attractive indeed.

thanks for the tip hun......may work in ibiza town, and live in PDB as i love it there and not too far away, are you going out there next year?? i have one mate that is possible, and another thinking about it, if not i will go by myself, i was thinking early april to fly out there for a few days and find a job and apartment and then fly there to live end of april beginning of may, what do you think??

been over there 4 times on holiday but couldnt make it over this season unfortunatelly and im seriously thinking about going out for the season next year, been wanting to do it it for years!

whens everyone thinking of going over?

yeh sounds like the begining of may's the best time to get out there, im still not 100% sure about things yet but feel if i dont do it next year then i wont do it all and know i'll regret iot in years to come.. gonna have to seriously look into things!!!

working

hey everyone, just came back from the closing parties and they were quality :lol: didnt want to come home :( so have decided am def gonna wrk out there nxt year april/may time just scared to do it on my own...any1 looking to go out here and in same situation as me let me knw.......:)

leigh1985@hotmail.co.uk

Back