Workers CV

Charlotte m

Hi! I am going to ibiza late may to work until september (this is my plan)

I have always been in sales back in the UK and this is probably going to be the best role to follow in ibiza.

I understand its best to write a seperate CV to the useral and minus out all the crap people dont need to know.

Can anyone give me an example of one, maybe one you have used previous years, any advise? how to? etc.

Any feed back will be much appreaciated!

I woud say to concentrate more on your charector, achievements and somehow prove/claim to be reliable. Your history in slaes should help whatever you do.

Also take loads of passport photos with you as these will be required for every CV you send.

As it sounds like you already know keep it really short and sweet, and well organised. Don't go into too much detail about your education - no one cares(!), and deffinately have a photo.

What I did last year was take my normal CV, cut out all the lengthy details, and just had it all in small sections and bullet-pointed, so that emplyers can easily see any info they need. Deffinately try to not go over one page x

Hiya, i am stuck about what to put down on my CV when it comes to my work experience...

Basically i have been the general manager of a big nightclub in Glasgow for a year now, but is this something i should avoid putting down in my CV as i feel it could actually disadvantage me. My reasons being that employers may think that i am too experienced and 'above' a basic bar/waitress job when in fact this is exactly what i would be looking for! (obviously if a managerial/supervisory position was available then i'd still be interested :lol:). i say this as i myself have had staff apply for bar jobs with my club who have had more experienced positions and amazing CVs and i have dismissed them as i think they will either get bored, leave because they have been offered something better or cause trouble because they 'think they know best'

however, on the plus side it would show that i am responsible and hard working and obviously good at my job.... and anyway, what else would i put down instead??

help!

Employer

I am an employer in Ibiza and help to place over 200 summer workers in jobs every summer, you should put the truth in your cv, never under sell yourself.... but in an introduction paragraph put you are willing to look at any opportunity.. the bottom line at the workers days I organize, IS the employers tend to recruit the workers on a good clean appearance, enthuiasm, personality and positive attitude... only when this first impression is favourable will they look at the applicants cv...so you get the chance to sell yourself..

TIP.1. YOU ONLY NEED 1 PASSPORT PHOTO JUST SCAN AND COPY ON TO YOUR CV..THEN PRINT A LOAD OF COPIES.:p

TIP 2...APPLY FOR YOUR NIE NUMBER AS SOON AS YOU ARRIVE ON THE ISLAND.

TIP 3...GET A SPANISH TELEPHONE SIM/PHONE. FOR EASY CONTACT.

Hopefully see you all at the first annual workers day on the 28th april, 3pm PINK PANTHER BAR, SAN ANTONIO BAY.

JOB INTERVIEWS ON OFFER AT THE EVENT ARE FROM MOST OF THE MAIN BARS & RESTAURANTS IN SAN ANTONIO AND THE BAY... mari pins, peppers 2, bn3, pink panther, donnegans, bucaneeros, smugglers inn, oasis bay, relish, scooters, casablanca, paddys, hush, plastic, egg, kilties, hogans rock, ground zero, highlander, sports cafe, new beach bar,
soul city, c4 hair, ibiza nails & beauty, sea horse diving, cream, clubland at eden, judgemement sunday, ibiza rocks and many more..

Many people are 'over experienced' for the jobs they take it ibiza - they are normally there for reasons other than 'career progression'! I'd deffinately think saying you were manager of a night club would work in your favour, as Sue said as long as you show them inthusiasm in person I really don't think it could work against you!

ok i have now done my cv and quite happy with it!

The only thing is i have taken a picture of facebook of me on a night out rather than a passport photo? should i change this?

and nikg! deffinetly put down about ur managment experience as i have some too and wouldnt mind a job with a bit more responability and hopefully a better wage!

and suepink i am not coming out until the 22nd? will you be holding anymore recruitment meetings or can you suggest anything?

much appreaciated!

22nd

no i am not doing any after the 22nd , but pop in the pink panther and i will try to help you in any way i can xx

chef jobs

heloo there i am coming out on the 17th of may is there any more recruitment days, i am coming out hoping to get a chefs job as that is my job back in england with 5 years experiance, will it be easy to get one or not

Dear Sue, just a question, can I start the N.I.E nummer in Ibiza, in case I would like to work in Mallorca? (Vacation in Ibiza, than work in Mallorca)

Back