WLS - quick, first timer´s impression

patrick767

I was at We Love Space last night. Closed it down. I think I´m still recovering from all that dancing and being totally dehydrated. :lol: Honestly I was kind of underwhelmed though. The music was pretty good. That´s about it. But 30 euros for a cover and insanely, shockingly, absolutely out of their minds expensive drinks? Vodka and coke... 12 euro! :eek: No, sorry to say it wasn´t really worth that much. Oh, and it blows my mind that they don´t even have a full service bar. They have like 2 kinds of beer and no cocktails. The other thing that really blows my mind... the tap in the bathrooms works, but it´s saltwater. That so people don´t cup their hands and drink from the faucet, the better to sell you 7 or 8 euro bottles of water? I mean, damn, that just takes some total a-holes running the place to go that far. I don´t think that would even be legal in the States.

Hoping Amnesia is an improvement.

Don't ever drink the water from the tap. In Ibiza there are no natural drinkable water sources, so they have to take the salt of the sea water for you to be able to shower, wash hands etc. Besides, this water isn't at all well treated and you might get hepatitis from drinking it.

I thought the WLS opening was decent. Not my first year, so drink prices, selection, etc. didn´t get me down. I was a little disappointed by how hard the music was on the terrace mid-day (John Ulysses, great. Tom Novy, not). We took off to Bora Bora mid afternoon...

I quite enjoyed my evening session. 2 Many DJs and NastyDirtySexMusic were perfect for alternating rooms & styles.

More review when I go home...

I was disappointed by the terrace at the opening party, it was too cramped and Tom Novy and Groove Armada were poor at best (Nic Fanciulli was good tho). But inside was fantastic. That isn't the first time it's happened, there's nowhere better than the terrace on a good day but it has its off days too. My first time, David Morales played the terrace and was shocking, plus on your first visit you are a wee bit overwhelmed by the number of posers running around - after that you learn to ignore them. As far as the bar goes, par for the course and not as expensive as Amnesia. Live with it. Don't drink, it isn't compulsory or necessary and you might find you have a better night with a clear head, especially when the line-up is as good as it invariably is at WLS.

i think the music on the terrace should of been harder and alot louder. its far too quiet for ibiza for any party!

Disagree. My best times on the terrace were when the music was deep but too not hard. It's mid-afternoon, and it's not carry-on at DC10. You're just getting warmed up for the heavier tunes at night inside. That (and dehydration) was why we headed over to Bora Bora (and missed the Groove Armada set everyone is whining about :lol: )

patrick767 said:
I was at We Love Space last night. Closed it down. I think I´m still recovering from all that dancing and being totally dehydrated. :lol: Honestly I was kind of underwhelmed though. The music was pretty good. That´s about it. But 30 euros for a cover and insanely, shockingly, absolutely out of their minds expensive drinks? Vodka and coke... 12 euro! :eek: No, sorry to say it wasn´t really worth that much. Oh, and it blows my mind that they don´t even have a full service bar. They have like 2 kinds of beer and no cocktails. The other thing that really blows my mind... the tap in the bathrooms works, but it´s saltwater. That so people don´t cup their hands and drink from the faucet, the better to sell you 7 or 8 euro bottles of water? I mean, damn, that just takes some total a-holes running the place to go that far. I don´t think that would even be legal in the States.

Hoping Amnesia is an improvement.

I hate to say it, but people just wouldn't have said words like, "I was underwhelmed by Space" 5 years ago...and you hear things like this so often these days. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Back