... with a 6 year old!

kes

Hey,

Back again :)

We're off at the end of August but taking our 6 year old boy this time. It will be a first!

Wondering a few things.. good places for kids other than the water park?

And.. this is a long shot.. if there's anywhere child friendly that also has vibes during the day or evening?

I've heard the Nightmares on Wax takeover thing is pretty inclusive and not so frequented by the bling brigade.

Worth a look?

Anywhere else we can listen to some tunes and the wee man can have a boogie without fear of being dribbled on by ketamine addled teens?

Family friendly beaches with sounds? We'll defo be heading back to bongo beach :)

O.. and any other more wholesome activity ideas welcome!

Cheers,

Kes x

Babylon Beach in Sta Eularia was reportedly good for kids when my sister-in-law live there with her 2 (4 and 6 at the time)

Babylon sometimes have live music - keep an eye on Facebook, also check out Pura Vida at Niu Blau (just along from Babylon Beach) - if you see their website they have DJs in the afternoon most days and other stuff going on. We love it at Niu Blau so don't tell everyone ;-) It's a really chilled beach (sunday tho is busy), but they do have pedaloes if you fancy something different. We've been bringing our son to the island since he was 2, he is now 12! We also liked going to Las Dalias which isn't far in a taxi, that was great on the Monday evening...

Babylon has kids entertainment too! Sounds just right :)

@richmal Hey cheers what they got at Las Dalias? I've been to the market though but nothing else..

On the Monday (and more nights in August) they have the night market and live music which was really good, much better than evening entertainment at a hotel! We've eaten here in the restaurant too which was really nice. And eaten 'snack' stuff. Oh they did really nice cocktails if I remember - but it is very family inclusive. Have a look at the website/facebook page see whats going on when you're out there I should. I noticed a poster on there for a kids area, on the kids thing check out the kidsinibiza website - might be something on there takes your fancy. It does comprehensively list all the beach clubs/shacks where they have their kids areas and on what days etc.. so that might be good. Enjoy!

Hey,

Back again :)

We're off at the end of August but taking our 6 year old boy this time. It will be a first!

Wondering a few things.. good places for kids other than the water park?

And.. this is a long shot.. if there's anywhere child friendly that also has vibes during the day or evening?

I've heard the Nightmares on Wax takeover thing is pretty inclusive and not so frequented by the bling brigade.

Worth a look?

Anywhere else we can listen to some tunes and the wee man can have a boogie without fear of being dribbled on by ketamine addled teens?

Family friendly beaches with sounds? We'll defo be heading back to bongo beach :)

O.. and any other more wholesome activity ideas welcome!

Cheers,

Kes x

Hi Kes,
Have you got wheels?

Thanks richmal will do.

Hey diver... wheels... we're picking up a car at the airport and currently debating on whether to take a pushchair or hire one out there.

He's too big for the pushchair really... but we've got a one of those off roader three wheeler buggy things for festivals that we reckon he might like to crash in if we stay out a bit late :)

I hear taking your own pushchair is good for airports and you can take it right up to the plane steps and the airline don't charge?

Will we get on a plane with one of those big three wheeler things though?

^ pushchairs are very handy, but is he a small 6?

My two are 16 and 13 years but.......

Things I did a few weeks ago -

Kumharas - Sunset then dinner afterwards (allow time to park as its horrendous)

Benniras for sunset (wasn't a Sunday but none the less was nice)

Cala San Vincente day/Hidden Bar early eve for Tapas, a few beers and a game of crazy golf ( get the missus a cocktail whilst you play golf with the lad +++brownie points;))

Kasbah for sunset meal then Mambo for an hour (plenty of families knocking about)

Santa Gertrudis - eat on the square at one of the bars (there was a kids entertainer in the square albeit it was in Spanish)

Puerto San Miguel - Nice beach/lovely Chingurito (Pascual) on the waters edge (we stayed near this place and ate here 4 times) maybe hire a little low powered boat, 35 euros for an hour.

@diver he's a fair size but then so is the buggy.. one of those three wheeler things..

wondering if we'll get it on the plane though?

Yes Benniras is our first stop :)

Ta for other tips will check them out.

Wanted to get to San Miguel town last year but never made it.. on Thursday eve the locals have a bit of knees up apparently. Plenty of singing dancing and tapas

Its been a while since I did a buggy "carry on" i.e..up to the steps. I'm sure there is no size limit tbh, how can they stipulate it?

The buggy will come in handy for getting the rascal off to sleep if it gets too much for him.

Hi,

We're returning again with our now 7 year old so thought i'd share our experience from last time and plans for this one.

First off, the buggy was barely used at the airport and not used at all on the holiday so we won't be bothering taking it again and will be able to hire a smaller car this time as won't need the space.

We're using Air BnB for the first time and the owners have a similar sized/aged kid so hopefully be some company for our boy. There are a few Air BnB places like this so maybe worth looking into if you've got some little legs in tow.

Thanks for all the suggestions of kid friendly beach bars. We never visited one in the end. Turns out he was happy just playing in the sea for hours on end. By the third day he was getting a little bored so we brought a bucket and spade and the boredom dial was instantly reset!

So no fear those parents wondering about taking little ones. Turned out all the worry about if they'd get bored was unnecessary. Considering he can be quite a handful this was a pleasant surprise.

A tablet in the evening kept him sweet.... during meal times... :) ... and would suggest taking one or keeping your smart phone charged and loaded with games.

Cheers,

K x

Back