Wimbledon 2011

For anyone wanting to show their children a role model, there is no finer example than Nadal, he is super-human.

What an athlete, he is a fortress, hasn't lost a match at Wimbledon since 2007. Playing with Cortisone injections today, remarkable.

for anyone wanting to show their children a role model, there is no finer example than nadal, he is super-human.

What an athlete, he is a fortress, hasn't lost a match at wimbledon since 2007. Playing with cortisone injections today, remarkable.

machine!!!

from fb:

The Harsh Truth: Andy Murray's girlfriend looks too much like his Mum...it's confusing him. one of them has to go if he is to reach a wimbledon final.

As much as i was happy Rafa won, I do feel sorry for Murray, he's a fantastic player that 10 or 15 years ago would've won 3 or 4 grand slams.. ie he's far better than Hewitt, Rafter, Ferrero, Ivanisevic etc...

Only chance these days is if Rafa gets injured or has a bad day

It's not going to get any easier either. Del Porto getting back to his peak is to be feared. Plus the emergence of young guns like Tomic. Andrew Castle summed it up by saying "Murray is a great player, he played his best ever tennis and wasn't good enough. He's probably never going to win a slam against Nadal, Djokovic or Federer" or very similar words.

You wouldn't know it was the same person when Nadal is interviewed pre and post match, the most amiable, thoughtful and sincere guy. Out on court he transforms into a freak of nature. I never thought I would live to see Feds records number of slams beaten yet he could be only four away by mid September:eek:

i didnt see the game but it always seems murrays attitude is whats mainly against him. soo many toys , soo little prams

tbh the toys and prams thing didn't really feature this yr - think he's grown up a bit there. However, he still seems to lack stamina and the 'killer instinct' (a widespread shortcoming in British tennis ?!) - and like Federer, Nadal still has a clear advantage physically.

nah i saw his last match before Nadal and he was a stroppy little child. he cant hold it togather. beats himself up over every point he loses. jock de knob

Back