Wild Boys

Biffy Clyro, i'd never heard of them before - sorry - the x factor song.

Now a great big bill board next to my office proclaims they are headlining a festival alongside metallica?

have they had a massive leap due to x factor or have i done my usual miss the zetigeist whilst listening to REM trick?

They've been around for yonks - at a guess, 10 years or so. Then the album that was released either last year or the one before (sorry, I'm not an expert) made them huge. They were big before that X-factor gimp covered them.

They've been around for yonks - at a guess, 10 years or so. Then the album that was released either last year or the one before (sorry, I'm not an expert) made them huge. They were big before that X-factor gimp covered them.

That is true,they were a fave on Radio One a few years ago

Biffy Clyro, i'd never heard of them before - sorry - the x factor song.

Now a great big bill board next to my office proclaims they are headlining a festival alongside metallica?

have they had a massive leap due to x factor or have i done my usual miss the zetigeist whilst listening to REM trick?

1st two albums, brilliant. Everything else, stadium rock cash in dirge. Not that you can blame them.

I shouldnt be a snob, but Im gonna :D

:lol:

It's not being snobby - it's just choosing not to spend your time in the vicinity of people who think dressing head to toe in Henleys and Liz Duke gold is THE ultimate status symbol. Either that or they're dressed in not a lot showing off bad tattoos and cellulite.....:(

I've got to say I see your point but I only really notice them at V when walking from campsite to arena in the morning and evening. They all seem to congregate around the tat stalls and the fairground. The rest of the time I think the majority of them are in the dance arena watching N-Dubz or Blazin Squad....:lol:

:lol:

It's not being snobby - it's just choosing not to spend your time in the vicinity of people who think dressing head to toe in Henleys and Liz Duke gold is THE ultimate status symbol. Either that or they're dressed in not a lot showing off bad tattoos and cellulite.....:(

I've got to say I see your point but I only really notice them at V when walking from campsite to arena in the morning and evening. They all seem to congregate around the tat stalls and the fairground. The rest of the time I think the majority of them are in the dance arena watching N-Dubz or Blazin Squad....:lol:

What I meant was not so much chavs but the last time I went in 2009 there was a lot of girls who were clearly just there to put on a fashion show and to be the next Kate Moss which is fine but to me that is not what a music festival is about.......

What I meant was not so much chavs but the last time I went in 2009 there was a lot of girls who were clearly just there to put on a fashion show and to be the next Kate Moss which is fine but to me that is not what a music festival is about.......

Oh yeah they're there as well....but don't you find those sort of people (not just girlies) are at most social gatherings whether it's a huge festival or a bar in your local town? Dressed like a Vogue photoshoot but just not getting involved as it would ruin their look....Each to their own but it's not for me.

I look like a dishevelled bag lady about 2 hours after I've walked into the arena at a festival. If I've got sweaty and dirty jumping around with 1,000 other people in a tent then that's my look for the rest of the weekend :lol:

What was this thread about again.....? :lol:

Oh yeah they're there as well....but don't you find those sort of people (not just girlies) are at most social gatherings whether it's a huge festival or a bar in your local town? Dressed like a Vogue photoshoot but just not getting involved as it would ruin their look....Each to their own but it's not for me.

I look like a dishevelled bag lady about 2 hours after I've walked into the arena at a festival. If I've got sweaty and dirty jumping around with 1,000 other people in a tent then that's my look for the rest of the weekend :lol:

What was this thread about again.....? :lol:

Ha ha me too, to us V was getting up, baby wipe wash, put on any old clothes, dry shampoo, on the cider beer combo at 10am, job done :lol:

Back