Wild Boys

blondie11

I didn't realise it was possible to get more excited about this years trip to Ibiza but have just found out that there is a new night at Amnesia and Duran Duran will be there when we are. 8) Bloody brilliant, has def helped me get through suicide tuesday! Is anyone else gonna be going for this one??

they are on at V in August, i reckon i will certainly be making the time to see them!!

(most of the rest of the line up is pants, but bought tickets before the line up was announced, and a good gang going so it will be a laugh)

I always thought they were a bit crap - music for posh girls in pimlico, who are probably now as botoxed as their heroes

did like save it for the morning after and the james bond one on the eiffel tower which were both pretty good - but not music I would ever return to apart from on bbc nostalgia lists

I always thought they were a bit crap - music for posh girls in pimlico, who are probably now as botoxed as their heroes

:lol: brilliant.

...I'd be super excited about seeing trashy 80s band in a venue like Amnesia though. 8)

did like save it for the morning after and the james bond one on the eiffel tower which were both pretty good - but not music I would ever return to apart from on bbc nostalgia lists

brilliant neither posh or botoxed but will def be rocking some headbands and oversized novelty 80s t shirts

....oversized novelty 80s t shirts

There's nothing novelty about an oversized t-shirt 8) I have several in my wardrobe that I wear with my washed out, high waisted ladies 501's. In fact most of my wardrobe is on an 80's revival vibe at the moment....

I never really got into Duran Duran (was more of a Wham girl) but their Wild Boys video used to scare me a bit when I was younger....:oops: :lol:

I used to love them as a kid. Not so much now, though I can appreciate some of the older tunes.

Will the Amnesia kids be interested?

I used to love them as a kid. Not so much now, though I can appreciate some of the older tunes.

Will the Amnesia kids be interested?
I'd be there in a heartbeat if I were on the island. Possibly very unique experience.

As it stands, I'll just have to settle for seeing them in an arena here in Moscow this June :p

Don't forget to snort loads of coke and vote Tory.

actually, yacht rock was a predominantly californian phenomenon

the bit about coke is very true though

I saw a quality doc about dennis wilson a while back - very sad end... under a yacht

That's when i'm out there... might give it a go :D

think it'll be amazing layo and bushwacka too, saw them my first night in ibiza and they were amazing but club was quite quiet, dont think theres a chance it will this time, good to experience something a bit different while we are there. pretty excited really

We saw Biffy Clyro at Ibiza Rocks last year. Not one of my fave bands (despite coming from the same town/having spoken to them in the pub) and not very Balearic, but damn fun night. DD would have to be at least slightly more Ibiza.

think it'll be amazing layo and bushwacka too, saw them my first night in ibiza and they were amazing but club was quite quiet, dont think theres a chance it will this time, good to experience something a bit different while we are there. pretty excited really

It might make a nice change tbh. I was going to give Ibiza Rocks a go this year as something a bit different but the line up is crap when i'm there so a bit of 80's nostalgia could be a good laugh :D

Duran Duran are at V!!! How did I miss this?

Although I no longer do V, got too commercial and chavvy for me.........:oops::lol:

We saw Biffy Clyro at Ibiza Rocks last year. Not one of my fave bands (despite coming from the same town/having spoken to them in the pub) and not very Balearic, but damn fun night. DD would have to be at least slightly more Ibiza.

Biffy Clyro, i'd never heard of them before - sorry - the x factor song.

Now a great big bill board next to my office proclaims they are headlining a festival alongside metallica?

have they had a massive leap due to x factor or have i done my usual miss the zetigeist whilst listening to REM trick?

Back