Why is Ushuaia allowed to hold open air parties?

tclubber

I am just curious - lots of Ibiza clubs used to be open air and then had to build roofs due to alleged noise pollution. It happened to DC-10, it happened to Space, I think even Privilege (called Ku back in the days) was open air once. I also remember Bora Bora in PdB getting in trouble for being open air about 10 years ago.

Yet Ushuaia is a relatively new investment and manages to do open air parties in the densely populated PdB area. Seems no one from the authorities comes to them with a decibel meter, and no one forces them to either build a roof or to close down.

How do they manage to do it while nearly all other clubs fell victim to the Ibiza's war on open air clubbing? How can it be that Ushuaia can hold open air parties in the middle of PdB, but DC-10 (located in the middle of nowhere and next to the noisy airport) cannot?

Just curious...

but matutes owns space and privilege and they both had to become completely enclosed.

but matutes owns space and privilege and they both had to become completely enclosed.
I believe he owned the property but not the club, as far as Space is concerned.

Also, when Space "covered up", they just turned the terrace into a new 2nd big room, and opened a new outdoor terrace in what was their chill out area. The new outdoor terrace followed the same closing time rules as Ushuaia.

I believe he owned the property but not the club, as far as Space is concerned.

Also, when Space "covered up", they just turned the terrace into a new 2nd big room, and opened a new outdoor terrace in what was their chill out area. The new outdoor terrace followed the same closing time rules as Ushuaia.
so, what you are implying is that matutes didn't get any special privileges because he is matutes and the rules which apply to others also apply to him in this particular case.

In the new Julian Temple film, it was suggested that it was because it’s a hotel- dunno if there’s any truth in that

so, what you are implying is that matutes didn't get any special privileges because he is matutes and the rules which apply to others also apply to him in this particular case.
No, what I'm saying is that Space is irrelevant to your argument as pertains to Matutes's power & influence. He didn't own or operate Space. Pepe Rosello did, until his lease ran out.

Also, I presume matutes has all the correct licenses required, whereas all the other places have probably been taking the piss for years.

a) as stephen said - they stop before midnight
b) ushuaïa is a hotel and has therefore slightly different rules. while clubs can only open from 4:30pm onwards, hotels can do so from 1pm with their 'animation'

i can't be arsed looking, but it could be that o beach is in san antonio where they make up the rules as they go (west end closing early) and ooshywooshy is in san jose where they also make up the rules as they go (last year's live music fracas)

I dont think that it's any different in SA as Zoo Project has to shut down outdoor stages at 11pm as well.
Also this is not always a hard stop as Ants went until 11:30pm last time.

Back