Why go to Ibiza...

Sheffrb

if you are just going to go around the west end?

Got a mate who is out there at the minute and he's been tagging himself in places where he's been on nights out. Yep that is sad alone but all he has done evey night bar one is go around the west end. The time he did go to a club was Amnesia for 50Cent!! Don't get me wrong i am not trying to tell people what to do on their hols, but why would you go somewhere like Ibiza to go to Funky Flares on your night out?

Is it just me that thinks the main reason in going to Ibiza is to see the clubs and dj's you like? :!:

Last edited by a moderator:
There are lots of different reasons to go to Ibiza. Not everyone is in to big clubs, underground music or enjoying the natural beauty. Guess if nightly West End bar crawls are enough for them to be happy with their hols then hey ho, easily pleased & all that ? I've seen people go out for their first time and not make it much further than The Sin !!! :rolleyes:

It would be nice if they lifted their eyes beyond it though - so many other things there to be enjoyed and it's a real shame if people miss out. :idea: You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink ...

we dont go to many clubs to be honest, we spend our daytimes looking around the island, going to different beaches,then in the evening in the past we,ve been to pink panthers, bucaneros, and donnegans,and vaious other bars, as well as the occasional club, Im normally ready for bed by about 3am, as Im up about 9am,so the main clubs would be a waste of time for us,
this year we,ll be going to the penguin bar as well, plus we,ll be going to Es paradis after seeing Madness at Ibiza Rocks,
Id like to go to other clubs/bars but as they dont get busy till about 1am, thers no point for us,

There are lots of different reasons to go to Ibiza. Not everyone is in to big clubs, underground music or enjoying the natural beauty. Guess if nightly West End bar crawls are enough for them to be happy with their hols then hey ho, easily pleased & all that ? I've seen people go out for their first time and not make it much further than The Sin !!! :rolleyes:

It would be nice if they lifted their eyes beyond it though - so many other things there to be enjoyed and it's a real shame if people miss out. :idea: You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink ...

What he said.........

we dont go to many clubs to be honest, we spend our daytimes looking around the island, going to different beaches,then in the evening in the past we,ve been to pink panthers, bucaneros, and donnegans,and vaious other bars, as well as the occasional club, Im normally ready for bed by about 3am, as Im up about 9am,so the main clubs would be a waste of time for us,
this year we,ll be going to the penguin bar as well, plus we,ll be going to Es paradis after seeing Madness at Ibiza Rocks,
Id like to go to other clubs/bars but as they dont get busy till about 1am, thers no point for us,

Heatherp6, we may have to examine this "there's no point for us" thing a bit further !!! .. Some great music bars and nights at alternative venues only run until 2 or 4am so unless they are waiting for late diners to eat & drink up to fill the room (like Aura) there's no chance they all only get busy at 1. It depends on the party and the night.. further investigations might be worthwhile to add even more happiness to your trips ?

There are still enough daylight hours in September to slip your bed time to 4/4.30 & your wake-up to 10/10.30 surely, and still have plenty of time to get around and about in the day ? ;)

Is it just me that thinks the main reason in going to Ibiza is to see the clubs and dj's you like? :!:

Ibiza has got something for everyone. The first time I went i hardly left San An, had a great time every night with the people I was with and the new mates I met (who I still bump into over there when I go now.)

The next few years I went the clubs and parties were amazing - there was always something happening every night for the music I'm into, but now it's a bit harder for me to find quality nights due to the way it's changed the last few summers.

So now i'm heading back to the bars and only going to the odd nights here and there these days, but it's all good!

I have met people who only do beaches near the hotel and never go out to anyplace other then bars close by and have been doing that for years. To each his or her own.

people's holidays are for doing whatever they want to do.

i think there's a programme on telly about it - holidaysomethingorother - which takes an hour to demonstrate that we all don't want to do the same things on our jollies.

I've seen people go out for their first time and not make it much further than The Sin !!! :rolleyes:
i wonder why . . . . .

5796250506_a2994f915c.jpg

flickr

people's holidays are for doing whatever they want to do.

i think there's a programme on telly about it - holidaysomethingorother - which takes an hour to demonstrate that we all don't want to do the same things on our jollies.

So long as they have a cup of tea :lol:

Heatherp6, we may have to examine this "there's no point for us" thing a bit further !!! .. Some great music bars and nights at alternative venues only run until 2 or 4am so unless they are waiting for late diners to eat & drink up to fill the room (like Aura) there's no chance they all only get busy at 1. It depends on the party and the night.. further investigations might be worthwhile to add even more happiness to your trips ?

There are still enough daylight hours in September to slip your bed time to 4/4.30 & your wake-up to 10/10.30 surely, and still have plenty of time to get around and about in the day ? ;)

Okay so where do people suggest we put on our " bars/clubs to try" this year
We,ve done the bucaneros, pink panther, donnegans, we,ve also been to Mambos in the past, we plan on going to the penguin rock bar this year, as well as a night spent on the beach at Bora Bora, so where else would people suggest, we,re also going to Es paradis,
places that arent empty until about 1am,, it needs to be places that will shut 2am/4am, but not somewhere thats empty until the disco buses turn up, and somewhere we can get to on the normal buses from san an, I know we would need to get a taxi back,unless its in reasonable walking distance .
so c,mon guys give me your best ideas, thanks

We,ve done the bucaneros, pink panther, donnegans, we,ve also been to Mambos in the past, we plan on going to the penguin rock bar this year, as well as a night spent on the beach at Bora Bora, so where else would people suggest, we,re also going to Es paradis,
places that arent empty until about 1am,, it needs to be places that will shut 2am/4am, but not somewhere thats empty until the disco buses turn up, and somewhere we can get to on the normal buses from san an, I know we would need to get a taxi back,unless its in reasonable walking distance .

Why does it have to shut at 2am!? You're on holiday, surely you can stay up a little later lol

The first time i went to Ibiza back in 07 was with a group of 16 lads.
Only a few of us had a proper interest in music and wanted to head over to see certain Djs and attends certain nights.

The others just wanted a holiday with their mates, so we spent every night starting off in the west end and many would stay there all night as they couldnt afford to hit the big nights or just didnt want to and a few of us would head off later on to go to the nights we wanted.

Why does it have to shut at 2am!? You're on holiday, surely you can stay up a little later lol

I think Heather was after suggestions for places which filled up a bit earlier in the evening rather than the usual 1-2am of the big clubs. With 2 or 4am closing times, they'll be going off earlier in the evening. Being there from 10th - 24th September offers her and Tim loads of scope.

Anyhow, Itaca (next to Ibiza Rocks Bar) is a starter for 10. It's in San Antonio just down from the Egg and has both pre-parties downstairs and other parties Thursday - Sunday inclusive in the Acid Lounge (upstairs terrace). Details all here :

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=70054

On Fridays for example, there's a Supermartxe pre-party downstairs (can be really good - the opening certainly was, with Shovell on drums, a great atmosphere and good / not cheesy house !). This probably goes off until about 2 when most people will have left for Privilege. Then by the looks of it the shindig upstairs is moving down to take over for the later hours - something a bit different :

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/reviews/2011/review_departure_at_itaca_i.htm

There are loads of others. Maybe someone else can suggest the next one ?

Here's another - I know it's going to mean a couple of taxis but ... Blue Marlin 10th September - a must .. see posts 13 & 17 on the following :

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=71314

5pm - 5am .. will likely be busy throughout. Last chance this year on your day of arrival .. go on, splash out - it'll be worth it !

Ibiza has got something for everyone. The first time I went i hardly left San An

The hubby was the same - typical 17 year olds boozy lads holiday but that first trip got them into the music and the next time they went they tried a few of the super-clubs and the rest is history. He's on his 13th trip in a couple of weeks I think...?

What about Zoo Project Heather? Opens at 16:00, shuts at 12:00midnight. The only problem I'd foresee with that is getting a taxi back maybe, as it's a little out of the way.

Back