Why Don´t Scandinavians Like Ibiza Anymore?...

i agree! show the ignorant people that the place is exclusive and beautiful, not filled with brits (ok do NOT mention San An then!) - and that the place is a must-see. But they will market it as a scandalous place for brits and lager people who prefer a cheap nite out, becuz this is more safe when it comes to getting your tickets sold.

we have 1 agency that covers the entire Scandinavia, Finland included. a club 18-30 type of agency that really only sell tickets to those who are clueless to what Ibiza can be like. they go there, get dissapointed that there is no Britney or Westlife in the clubs and they want freebies and pubcrawl....

They schould choose Santa Eulalia for a destination, that town isn´t as rammed and noisy and discusting as west end san an. or the bay near Cala De Bou area as well.

ascendia said:
Ibiza-girlie said:
maybe it´s the music. Danes prefer sh*te like R&B, Hiphop ect....

So the same in Norway. You say you like house and they look at you like you are talking hebrew or something, or they are more knowledgeable and simply call it 'aerobicmusic'

:rolleyes: some places are beyond hope.... :rolleyes:

I do feel sorry for ya. Luckily that sh*te yo-yo-yo music :rolleyes: hasn't really broken through over here and a lot of clubs r still sticking to house music.

What is that agency? I have bought once my trip to Ibiza from Denmark. I think the agency was Spies but I´m not sure. But nowadays it isn´t Spies...

:rolleyes: U LOT ALL NEED TO COME TWO IRELAND WERE ALL MAD PARTY PEOPLE OVER HERE NEXT 2 IBIZA DAT IS 8)

Havent been on this site since last year!! Wasn't really expecting i'd go back so soon, but couldn't resist the tempation (getting higher and higher)......... be there for a week on the 22nd August!!! SHUD BE GUD
Ye, us oirish know how to rock it alright, but i can't understand my infatuation with them Scandinavians!!
I know a some norwegian girls from alesund and they have to be the nicest people i know. Ive met many norwegians and swedish and they always make every effort to be fun as possible, generally they wouldn't drink as much as us, which makes them so much more sincere..
Hopefully they get in the mood when wer'e there, and party our rocks off in the true Eire/nordic style...

And yes, it is a particular style.

Ps: Does anyone know if there would be any club suitable to go at 4.00am on a friday night/saturday morning? cost within reason
Id prefer to take it easy the first night but some friends who are coming for their first time are a lot more up for it...... im so old...

I can´t understand either why Ibiza is so unpopular in Scandinavia. I had to fly with Spanair and then my friend helped me with accomodation. I know that lots of swedish go to Greece or Mallorca... Well I´d like to go there as well, but I do and I am sure I will do like Ibiza more than these places.

i think its a shame for ibiza - I remember like 10 years ago, there where so many scandinavians in san an - mostly in gorms garage - they are so friendly people - much nicer then the beer boys :D ;)

hi ascendia - is it not the bad image ibiza have in scandinavia? - ibiza girlie wrote about things on TV with pale people waering footbalshirts :evil:

yes it is, but the same program was showed in england and everywhere else too. its just the scandinavians that take it soo damn serious.

scandinavia is not big on dancemusic, and the trimmings. also very gullable people that take everything very seriously. you show them ibiza in a less than flattering light and they dont think there is more to the picture. but they are in general not big on the kind of hedonism that exists in ibiza anyway. ibiza has never been a big destination from norway at least. kinda exotic, but magaluf, etc. etc. different story......sad....

when they go on holiday they want to drink drink and drink.....as much and as cheap as possible. then maybe go to a cheesey disco to check the talent....before falling asleep in a ditch somewhere with vomit on their clothes... of course im generalising, but all in all scandinavians are not big on house, clubbing etc. they just dont get it. san antonio should be the perfect loacation really, but i guess its the drug-reputation that is keeping them away from our beloved island.

I totally agree. We are stupid vikings when it comes to dancemusic. I think danes are not big on tight crowds and the fact that they dont wanna pay for expensive holiday with a certain amount of style.
Danes and scandi´people are generally not kean on dance and Ibiza, and those 2 together is not a good combo in the oblivious peoples op´s.....a shame but o.k really cuz then it becomes more of a secret destination, where the ones in the know go!

ascendia said:
i guess its the drug-re*beep*tion that is keeping them away from our beloved island.

That is so true! When I mention that I'm going to Ibiza in Finland...almost everybody links it to drugs. :cry:

Ibiza-girlie said:
scandi´people are generally not kean on dance and Ibiza, and those 2 together is not a good combo in the oblivious peoples op´s.....a shame but o.k really cuz then it becomes more of a secret destination, where the ones in the know go!

You are so right Ibiza-girlie! It's cool to go Ibiza when you know that you are not going to see your neighbours. 8)

I'm mr. CONTROL and it's good to have some place to relax on my vacation. 8)

And if you see somebody from Finland in Ibiza they are surely pro-clubbers... :!:

Ibiza-girlie said:
o.k really cuz then it becomes more of a secret destination, where the ones in the know go!

thats what we like, and the programs like uncovered , the medias general badmouthing, and the general reputation keeps it like that.... a special place, for special people... :p

sorry but its true. ibiza is magical and its only certain people that gel with her magnetism... 8)

Ibiza-girlie said:
We are stupid vikings when it comes to dancemusic. quote]

:lol:

thats the scandies in a nutshell, or shall we say in valhalla, with their mjoed and linedancing... something like that anyway... :p :rolleyes: ;)

Back