WHP - Have the British all gone mad or are they just paranoic planners ?

kimajy

I've just gone on to the Warehouse Project site to look at buying a couple of tickets for possible gigs later in the month.

It is truly ridiculous to see NYE tickets already sold out, as well as 3 out of 4 nights in September, 3 nights in October, even 10th & 17th December. :eek:. It's a party at a nightclub, for heaven's sake - do people really need to plan their nights out in Britain 3 months ahead ?

No wonder those of us who can't plan months in advance fly abroad - you can't get a decent ticket north of the M42 without diarising it weeks in advance :lol:

Oh well - I'll just have to stay south of the great divide where I can get a good night out when the mood suits rather than when my calendar tells me I have to !! ;)

Oh and one last thing - who has a last entry at 11.30pm for a party which finishes at 6am (viz the Ostgut Ton night on 16th December) - that's just ridiculous .. would not want to go in before 2am .. is it always like that at WHP ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, the reason being for NYE being sold out is that the WHP is closing that venue down and moving elsewhere, NYE being the last night at it's current venue.

I was looking at going to the Armin night 2 week on friday. Went to book tickets on fri and sold out, gutted!

Hi, the reason being for NYE being sold out is that the WHP is closing that venue down and moving elsewhere, NYE being the last night at it's current venue.

I was looking at going to the Armin night 2 week on friday. Went to book tickets on fri and sold out, gutted!

Should be able to get you some at face value if you're interested.

The main reason that many WHP nights sell out so quickly is that it's very rare you'll get to see all the acts on the bill on the same night anywhere else which for some people is a big selling point. Plus they all sell out in advance, you can never get tickets on the door!

Another reason is because people like yourself won't plan ahead but may fancy it so alot of people buy large numbers of tickets knowing they'll be able to sell them on for more nearer the time.

I always have my credit card at the ready on the day the WHP lineups are announced and buy tickets for every night I think I'll want to go to to make sure I'm not left disappointed. If i can't / don't want to go someone will always buy the ticket off me for at least face value.

Can you not handle a 6hour night out?!?

I thought it might be a case of people buying up tickets speculatively with a view to potentially profiteering off other people. Unfortunately I'm not keen on the 2nd hand ticket market and have never bought a ticket off a "tout" in the UK or a resale - basically, if I can't get the ticket direct from a guaranteed source I'll do without going.

It's not a case of a 6hour night out - I just don't like being in nightclubs before 1-2am. Not ready for them before that. Truth be told I don't much like clubbing in the late afternoon/early evening either (viz the 5pm-12pm pool party idea) :confused: - unless it's on a beach :p. I'd be quite happy to get up early and go clubbing 1st thing in the morning say from 6am-11am and then be done by lunchtime so there's still time for a nice afternoon. Tea anyone ? :)

Would far rather go to pre-club bars etc. until 1-2 and then go to a nightclub after that. Shame more clubs don't finish at 8am (like Fabric on Saturdays), which for me is the ideal time to end a big night and you can still get your 5-6hours in.

The thing with WHP is that it is in a car park that is in use most of the time, they can't go on much later than 6 as they have to get it back to how it was...being a carpark :lol:

I thought it might be a case of people buying up tickets speculatively with a view to potentially profiteering off other people. Unfortunately I'm not keen on the 2nd hand ticket market and have never bought a ticket off a "tout" in the UK or a resale - basically, if I can't get the ticket direct from a guaranteed source I'll do without going.

I had this problem a couple of years ago, a night in December (Ian Brown I think) had sold out early in September. Sadly many tickets for the night were for sale on e-bay, like you I refuse to give profits to the touts. I suspect tickets for the nights you were interested in will be showing up for sale on facebook etc.

there's always loads of tickets for sale during the week leading up to the events, on their facebook event page. all from people who bought tickets and now genuinely cant go. ive had loads of tickets for whp and other events this way. nowadays with facebook being so popular, there's basically no such thing as a sold out event that's impossible to attend

i got my creamfields ticket on the day this year! got up at 6am to try and find one early, and had it sorted by quarter to 7.

There are OTHER things happening in Manchester that are equally as good as WHP (and alot cheaper).

Our second birthday on October 28th being one. Spread over 2 floors of an intimate venue (basement & bar). 400 people, funktion one sound, 10pm - 4am with a joint after party until 8am with the WHP.

Stacey Pullen [Cadenza, Detroit]
Terry Francis [Fabric]
Argy [Cocoon, Poker Flat]
Deep Space Orchestra [Quintessentials]

Residents: Eddie Leader [Plastic City], FraidSo [Robsoul] & Rashid Khan [Casa]

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?291361

Early Birds currently only £10 with NO BOOKING FEE: https://content-1.eventwax.com/cont...francis-argy-deep-space-orchestra-early-birds

I got my 10th Decemeber Crosstown Rebels tickets as soon as they went on sale. And it was one of the first ones to sell out. It shows just how in demand these tickets are if they all sell out so fast. Nothing to do with it being " UP NORTH" .

Well, some venues don't pre-sell all their space so everyone has a chance of getting door tickets. Think it's better that way.

gutted about the cox/vath lineup being sold out... seen on ebay that they are selling some, but i refuse to buy inflated prices also.

i was planning on flying back for that one too... may go Villalobos though.

Really like WHP. On the tickets it said entry before 11:30 last year too, but there was no way everyone was in at that time.

Really like WHP. On the tickets it said entry before 11:30 last year too, but there was no way everyone was in at that time.

yeah anyone know what the script really is with that? planning on going to the cocoon night and found that strange. bit early!

There are OTHER things happening in Manchester that are equally as good as WHP (and alot cheaper).

Our second birthday on October 28th being one. Spread over 2 floors of an intimate venue (basement & bar). 400 people, funktion one sound, 10pm - 4am with a joint after party until 8am with the WHP.

Stacey Pullen [Cadenza, Detroit]
Terry Francis [Fabric]
Argy [Cocoon, Poker Flat]
Deep Space Orchestra [Quintessentials]

Residents: Eddie Leader [Plastic City], FraidSo [Robsoul] & Rashid Khan [Casa]

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?291361

Early Birds currently only £10 with NO BOOKING FEE: https://content-1.eventwax.com/cont...francis-argy-deep-space-orchestra-early-birds

Does look fun that. Only thing is I'm hoping to get to the best night of the year at Fabrik Madrid and if I'm able to party that weekend it's likely I'll head over to that :

Plastikman Live 1.5 Tour
Line-up /
Plastikman (live)
Magda, Gaiser, Ambivalent, Barem, Martinez Brothers, Livio & Roby, Hector

Why do the best things always seem to be on round the same dates ? :rolleyes:

Back