Who's At Work Today?

it's a crock of **** IMO. i can sort of understand a night match, that might leave people stranded if transport isn't running.

but ffs, a bit of snow and ice, people will just have to walk carefully and after 200 pairs of feet, it'll have more or less gone anyway.

pure nanny state. bring back the 60s

It's embarassing, pure and simple. I wonder if how many people that were due at the games were stuck at home? Most will have been easily able to travel

Yep.

OK, here's a question for you guys. What the heck was going on this weekend with all the football matches? :evil:

I know the pitch at Stamford Bridge was playable. I just read an article that said the same thing for Blackpool v Spurs. I'm sure some of the others were as well.

Apparently it all comes down to the police telling the clubs to cancel out of "safety concerns". What's that all about? Are you all so weak-kneed you can't walk on snow from the Tube to the stadium? :lol:

I don't think any of the Rich list EPL Club's would want fan's sueing them if they slip on the snow or ice and end up in hospital for broken limbs whilst inside or outside the football ground attending a match?

I don't think any of the Rich list EPL Club's would want fan's sueing them if they slip on the snow or ice and end up in hospital for broken limbs whilst inside or outside the football ground attending a match?
That's nuts. I have at least one good fall every winter here. If I sued someone each time I'd be rich. People should learn how to friggin' balance themselves. Big bunch of babies :lol:

It's embarassing, pure and simple. I wonder if how many people that were due at the games were stuck at home? Most will have been easily able to travel
I have friends that traveled from here to see Chelsea v Man U. Wasted trip... and now they're all stuck in London :lol:

That's nuts. I have at least one good fall every winter here. If I sued someone each time I'd be rich. People should learn how to friggin' balance themselves. Big bunch of babies :lol:

I have friends that traveled from here to see Chelsea v Man U. Wasted trip... and now they're all stuck in London :lol:

Yeah, any able-bodied person of below pensionable age should be able to manage to walk in a bit of snow.

Did feel for the old gent I saw on Friday, who smashed his head open on the ground. Claret everywhere, even the ambulance folks looked a bit spooked. Hope he didn't buy the farm:(

Best piece of advice is never walk with your hands in your pocket. Use them for balance and, more importantly, to break your fall if you slip.

never walk with your hands in your pockets full stop. it ruins the line of your trousers

Best piece of advice is never walk with your hands in your pocket. Use them for balance and, more importantly, to break your fall if you slip.

The same can be said when walking home drunk! we had a friend who always used to fall over when leathered and ended up with a chin full of gravel!

Weather report, went to fill car up at lunch time rather than on way to the match tonight and it was still minus 9 deg.

Match is still on so.... 2 sets of thermals + usual coats and hats etc + sky blue santa outfit = hopefully quite snug!

You never put your hands in your pockets.......FULL STOP:)

Didnt help this guy very much!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJAezIlvC2M

Hahaha last Saturday on our way to Elland Road to watch Leeds v QPR a similar funny thing was witnessed by myself and other's apporoaching the ground after a young female R's supporter who was with her girlfriends took a nasty tumble:oops:. Fortunately for her she wasn't hurt though maybe her pride was and ofcourse she seemed to enjoy the attention she got from other fans both Leeds and QPR who raced over to see if she was alright:lol:

And today?

Trying to get all my lot out working today - never seen them so keen. One day of statutory guaranteed pay soon sharpens enthusiam:lol:

Back