Who's At Work Today?

I've quite a few unhappy chaps I've had to leave at home today. Statutory guaranteed payment of £21/day is not ideal for Xmas week. Poor buggers.

In and reporting for duty.

Did my bit for employment of others (overtime rates too, apparently!) at the weekend by causing a 20ft x 6ft hole to be dug up on Portobello Road. It's still there this morning so I guess there's another 5 or so lie-ins ruined! The dozen or so businesses and houses that have had their electricity turned off will be particularly keen to see it sorted!

In and reporting for duty.

Did my bit for employment of others (overtime rates too, apparently!) at the weekend by causing a 20ft x 6ft hole to be dug up on Portobello Road. It's still there this morning so I guess there's another 5 or so lie-ins ruined! The dozen or so businesses and houses that have had their electricity turned off will be particularly keen to see it sorted!

How did you cause that the hole to be dug?

I live two minutes from work, which is great most of the time, but crap when its snowing and half the office don't come in and I've got no excuse whatsoever to be off

Really, Mark?
-6 C here in Moskva. I think we've been slightly warmer than NE England for a couple of weeks now!

I had to clean 6 inches of snow off the car this morning, despite having just cleaned it yesterday :evil:

Made it to the office... but at a snail's pace.

-17.5 here overnight.

Still made it into work this morning.

The IMF have turned off our heating until we pay back all the cash we owe

Really, Mark?
-6 C here in Moskva. I think we've been slightly warmer than NE England for a couple of weeks now!

I had to clean 6 inches of snow off the car this morning, despite having just cleaned it yesterday :evil:

Made it to the office... but at a snail's pace.

Colder than moscow? :eek:

Yep.

OK, here's a question for you guys. What the heck was going on this weekend with all the football matches? :evil:

I know the pitch at Stamford Bridge was playable. I just read an article that said the same thing for Blackpool v Spurs. I'm sure some of the others were as well.

Apparently it all comes down to the police telling the clubs to cancel out of "safety concerns". What's that all about? Are you all so weak-kneed you can't walk on snow from the Tube to the stadium? :lol:

I'm in and site is on top of a large hill, but roads mostly clear. Car showed -13 on the way in this morning.

Yep.

OK, here's a question for you guys. What the heck was going on this weekend with all the football matches? :evil:

I know the pitch at Stamford Bridge was playable. I just read an article that said the same thing for Blackpool v Spurs. I'm sure some of the others were as well.

Apparently it all comes down to the police telling the clubs to cancel out of "safety concerns". What's that all about? Are you all so weak-kneed you can't walk on snow from the Tube to the stadium? :lol:

it's a crock of **** IMO. i can sort of understand a night match, that might leave people stranded if transport isn't running.

but ffs, a bit of snow and ice, people will just have to walk carefully and after 200 pairs of feet, it'll have more or less gone anyway.

pure nanny state. bring back the 60s

Back