Who are the DJ's in here?

I bought my first set of decks a month or so ago, having never touched a turntable before in my life its a steap learning curve but I'm luvin every minute!! :oops: :lol: :D

I spin Reguarly would love to Play Ibiza who knows what the future wholes been playing about 6 years. 8)

Been DJing nearly 4 years, and I play Deep House.

In what litle time I was on the island this year, I served a short residency (due to the time I as there!) and ended up playing for Fxxx House :)

Ibiza isn't really my bag tbh, the House on the island's all too mainstream.

I loved Amnesia this year though, it's such a beautiful club, so I guess I'd like to play there at some point.
Maybe one for next Summer ;)

Been djing for roughly 6 years on and off, but haven't played in a club/bar for about 4 years. More of a hobby than an ambition. There's a 1001 djs for every great dj, althought a spot at Bora Bora wouldn't go a miss.

(raises hand)

Been playing for about 5 years. Did the Funky Room at Savannah in 2002.

otherwise it's one offs and entertaining (annoying) friends :)

Since 1976, been in my current residency every Fri/Sat for near 2 years. Have a Christmas Party residency in a nearby city for the last 3 years. DJ there every afternoon and night for around 10 days! :eek: ......then collapse on Christmas Day. :lol:

Played out 3 requested choons at my mates residency near Bora Bora in June this year ;) ..........but I don't think that counts :rolleyes:

been buying records since 1990, had decks since '95...but am now mostly a collector of music rather than a dj. Maybe I've lost the 'hunger' to play out or promote myself but I've played in Melbourne, Australia and shipped all ma toones to Koh Tao, Thailand where I ran a bar.

Now, back in London, if I do anything at all it will be a DiY affair, get my own soundsystem and find a decent venue and only try to rely on oneself to get the right vibe! 8)

pinkychucklyperson .. that sounds just about right for me ! :D

I spin at home and for friends, this year i am gonna make the push to play out. Maybe even take my record box with me to Ibiza and beg and plead with a few places to give me a chance :D

been doing it for twelve years - done a few places - Glasshouse , Aquarium e.t.c.

Stopped doing it so much now due to the current trend of pop music being dressed up as house ie Hed Kandi e.t.c.

I know you all like it I just wish people would be a little bit more open minded and not listen to the same dj's palying the same records in the same places !!!!

comin' at ya said:
Stopped doing it so much now due to the current trend of pop music being dressed up as house ie Hed Kandi e.t.c.

I know you all like it I just wish people would be a little bit more open minded and not listen to the same dj's palying the same records in the same places !!!!

i'm with you on this one.

i'm not a lover of the kandi stuff.

comin' at ya said:
been doing it for twelve years - done a few places - Glasshouse , Aquarium e.t.c.

I think what we have here is the differences between the appreciation of the music and the vibe that the music sets, these I think can be different IMO and the Kandi label really do enthuse a happy, lets funking ave`it vibe :D
Dont lose the faith comin' at ya ;)

Back