Which London Mayoral Candidate for You?

A British expat friend of mine sent me this link:
http://london.votematch.net/VoteMatchLondon/index.html

It's a site that is meant to show you which candidates for mayor of London most closely share your views on certain issues.

I found myself matched most closely with the UK Independent Party candidate, Gerrard Batten. :confused:

:lol:

right wing reactionary that you are

Ken Livingstone by a country mile for me! Never struck myself as old school labour but there you go.

Boris winning and how he gets on could have a massive implication on the next general election.

I cant believe a bloody mayor has so much influence in certain cities, the Lord Mayor of Dublin is virtually never in the news and i don't even know his name in fact nor do i care, he is just someone who would go to the opening of an envelope!!!!

Having said that your man Ken Livingston seems like a decent chap although im sure many Londoners don't agree with having to pay congestion charge to drive into the city.

I cant believe a bloody mayor has so much influence in certain cities, the Lord Mayor of Dublin is virtually never in the news and i don't even know his name in fact nor do i care, he is just someone who would go to the opening of an envelope!!!!

Having said that your man Ken Livingston seems like a decent chap although im sure many Londoners don't agree with having to pay congestion charge to drive into the city.

london moved to the more American system of elected mayor position and powers associated with

i agree with that - it should be an important post and by giving it some level of authority frees up some of the governments time on other matters

glasgow's is much like the dublin role you mentioned

could elect a local swan and not much difference would be made
although - would save on scissors for ribbon cuttings

by the way - mine came out as Ken!!! :eek:

It's an absolute joke.

I've never seen an election where either candidate (and it is a 2 horse race) that, for all the networking, for all the public appearances, for all their campaign, it means jack. EVERYONE who is voting is doing so to "get that smamrmy Kunt Livingstone out of office" or so that "that Posh TORY tw@t Boris doesn't get in".

To awful awful candidates, and only goes to show how pathetic modern politics is.

Paddick would get my vote, though he's just to genuine and un-media friendly to ever get elected. I'm afraid that I have to go with Boris the buffoon. Nice guy tho I'm sure he is, once the jokes over, the punchline will be us left with the very worst toff moron in charge.

I just think Ken is just plain undemocratic and sly. Combine this with a tradtional hatred of all things (for want of a better word) successful (the City, the Olympics etc), and you have a dangerous person to run our capital.

Plus he just has a face you want to hit, doesn't he? :lol:

Not being a Londoner, i suppose it has no personal impact other than it's our capital city. But FFS? Boris?

The guy is an absolute laughing stock. Honestly, he's the epitome of the bumbling tory upper crust fop. Ken livingsone is hardly ideal and i agree with danx's comments and a third decent candidate would be well received.

But Boris, come on - he's a ****ing joke. Could you see him fronting up in the aftermath of a terrorist outrage in the capital? i'd be to scared to let him near the microphone.

Even Hartlepool Council wouldn't have him for mayor. And they voted in a monkey.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/1965569.stm

It's an absolute joke.

I've never seen an election where either candidate (and it is a 2 horse race) that, for all the networking, for all the public appearances, for all their campaign, it means jack. EVERYONE who is voting is doing so to "get that smamrmy Kunt Livingstone out of office" or so that "that Posh TORY tw@t Boris doesn't get in".

To awful awful candidates, and only goes to show how pathetic modern politics is.

Paddick would get my vote, though he's just to genuine and un-media friendly to ever get elected. I'm afraid that I have to go with Boris the buffoon. Nice guy tho I'm sure he is, once the jokes over, the punchline will be us left with the very worst toff moron in charge.

I just think Ken is just plain undemocratic and sly. Combine this with a tradtional hatred of all things (for want of a better word) successful (the City, the Olympics etc), and you have a dangerous person to run our capital.

Plus he just has a face you want to hit, doesn't he? :lol:

You sound surprised Dan - when have we ever lived in a democracy? ;)

Back