which ibiza club do rate as the best.

Has to be Space after the refurb. Before 2005 it was Pacha but after a subliminal last year it's gone down the ranks for me.

sundays at space is the best individual day out.

however, pacha is far and away the best club.

amnesia has the best VIP area(s), especially the caves.;)

AMNESIA for sure

I didn't enjoy Eden when i went to one of the Judgement Sundays. There's just something strange about that club.

thegoldenboy said:
Pacha's full of insecure spanish inbred kids.
:spank:

dear dear.........and i thought people who went to ibiza weren't ignorant and narrow minded.

funny that......i never really classed hollywood actors/actresses, primera liga footballers, spanish royalty and television A-list as inbred kids, spanish or otherwise:lol:

grego said:
dear dear.........and i thought people who went to ibiza weren't ignorant and narrow minded.

funny that......i never really classed hollywood actors/actresses, primera liga footballers, spanish royalty and television A-list as inbred kids, spanish or otherwise:lol:

They are just as likely to be 'inbred kids' figuratively speaking as anybody else and any royalty are considerably more likely to be inbred kids literally speaking than anyone else. A large part of the reason Pacha isn't in my top 3 is that every time it gets mentioned somebody chirps up with "ooh, the beautiful people, ooh the celebs, ooh the stars" those are not the things that make a night. The vast, roped-off areas for VsIPs (very self-important persons) are another serious turn-off. A club should stand or fall by its music, atmosphere and venue (with Pacha doing well on all three fronts but losing marks elsewhere)

MarkSimpson said:
They are just as likely to be 'inbred kids' figuratively speaking as anybody else and any royalty are considerably more likely to be inbred kids literally speaking than anyone else. A large part of the reason Pacha isn't in my top 3 is that every time it gets mentioned somebody chirps up with "ooh, the beautiful people, ooh the celebs, ooh the stars" those are not the things that make a night. The vast, roped-off areas for VsIPs (very self-important persons) are another serious turn-off. A club should stand or fall by its music, atmosphere and venue (with Pacha doing well on all three fronts but losing marks elsewhere)

fair point about the royalty being inbred and fair point about the 'beautiful people at pacha', and I agree they don't make a good night. BUT, in comparison to the size of the club, Pacha's VIP (the visible one anyway) is actually quite small. When you talk about music, venue, atmosphere, I fail to see how Pacha can be marked down here. I mean in terms of a venue Space and DC10 are little more than 4 walled areas, what makes them amazing is the atmosphere. As a venue, pacha is unrivalled. In terms of music, Pacha has/was/is/always will be all about the music, just look at their line-ups - the house music heavyweights accompanied by the pick of the island residents.

Atmosphere can be such a subjective thing and from one night to the next from one person to the next, the atmosphere can be classed as good or bad. Pacha's success is its own downfall sometimes in that it attracts a certain type of clubber (who just recognises the name) and who sometimes doesn't contribute to the atmosphere. BUT, it has become the blueprint for success not just across Ibiza and Spain but the world, look at Space, eventually they have decided to imitate Pacha in having several desiganted areas for different types of music. pacha on the underground nights is awesome, or in fact the funky room at anytime.8)

your points about DC10 are incomparable to pacha because the basis of why you feel it is the No.1 club is cos its a daytime bash, i.e. the unique atmosphere you get when people go to afterhours and keep going and everything becomes a bit messy.................most of the people there will have been at pacha the night before...............not a big name in sight:lol: ??? no, not as many as 5 years ago because people like Danny Tenaglia and Pete Tong who'd turn up and play for free, unannounced wouldn't do it anymore cos its become too well known. (i actually love dc10, its different from when it first started but hey c'est la vie!)

I don't mean to knock Pacha because I love it too, not even Morillo could give me a bad night there, it's just that even looking at my DC10 photos gets my heart racing faster than being in the middle of the dance floor in any other club.

Eranski said:
SPACE !!

(IS THE PLACE)

8)

... but only the (former) terrace, the roof etc. is nice.8)

The big main room inside is unbelievable ugly :evil: :evil: :evil:
and the atmosphere is almost always completely different (= bad) :evil: :evil: :evil:

Back