Wheres 'Summon' ?

Terrier

Hi Guys

Off to Ibiza in a few weeks and am scouring the Calendar for stuff going on while there (aren't we all ?) . . . . I have seen mention of a club called Summon which appears to run a Trance night and the best description of its location I can find is 'outside san Antonio' . .can anyone shed any light on exactly where it is and if it is worth finding anyway ??

In the bay. Walk past Bar M,carry on round the bay past the windmill, and keep on going! Summon is about 10 minutes walk from the windmill......

Terrier said:
Hi Guys

Off to Ibiza in a few weeks and am scouring the Calendar for stuff going on while there (aren't we all ?) . . . . I have seen mention of a club called Summon which appears to run a Trance night and the best description of its location I can find is 'outside san Antonio' . .can anyone shed any light on exactly where it is and if it is worth finding anyway ??

My mate DJ freestyler is running a night there called Viva La Trance with some of the ClubtheWorld DJs as residents - i will try & find out exactly where it is for you. He promises top djs at affordable entry price as well.

even i know where summum is - don't worry about the spelling, the posters advertising it on the sides of the buses say 'summun' - it is in the cala de bou area of the bay of san antonio. look at the map for the hotel nautilus on our site and the club is next door. interestingly, it was designed by the same people as es paradis and is like a mini version of it.

When we stayed in the Bay, we walked past it just about every night and didn't see any queues or anyone standing about outside - so we ignored it !!

Didn't Happy Mondays do some gigs there last year??

I stayed in apartments right next to it last year. I've been in it a few years back and it is actually quite nicely designed inside, I was on a bit of a beer girl bar crawl at the time though as opposed to a night out for the music :oops:

Our apartments were called the Tampico and it was right next to them.

apparently they play good music there. correct me if i'm wrong

markEg said:
are they still at Summum???

i dont think so but angelz westend showcase will return to play 2 for their second year :!:

www_charleys_angels.jpg

markEg said:
What about the Charleyz Angelz nights, what they like - i fact are they still at Summum???

They are my mates so watch what you all say! ;)

Summum

Stayed near it, never any queues even the lisalashes nite at it last sep had no life, it was prob cancelled cos of the time of year. Not worth going to looks a bit drab.

See yous all sep 19-26th for another magical year

My mate played the Charleyz Angelz night as well a couple years ago i think,but it was in Es Paradis...perhaps it was another night :confused: Damn my messed up memory :lol:

Summon was a major player in the ibiza club circuit in the early 90's but then closed down mid 90's and reopened a few years latter but never seemed able to compete.

To my thinking as Ibiza clubbing became more popular Summon couldn't compete as they don't hold that many people so major promoters chose other locations.

I remember listerning to Danny Rampling, Nicky Holloway, brandon & alex etc. on many occasions. It really was a 'cool' club in my early days.

Back