Where to stay?

Clara

I'm planning on going to Ibiza for the first time for the first two weeks of September this year but am having problems deciding on where to stay.

I've heard it's best to avoid San Antonio, but what about San Antonio Bay, or is it best to try to stay near Ibiza Town-such as in Figueretas/Playa D'En Bossa? Not wanting to spend too much though (looking for apartments or cheap hotels)

I'm wanting to avoid the beer-boys and be able to get a bit of sleep when needed! Planning on going out to Space and Pacha (at least) but want to have a good selection of bars and resteraunts to choose from near where we'll be staying as well as good beaches in walking distance. As of yet, I don't know if I'll be hiring a car.

Stay in San Antonio but go for a hotel. Make sure it's not a 18-30 job. You then get the best of both worlds.

You can get a boat to many beaches and there are lots of excellent restuarants and bars.

If you can afford it stay at Pikes.

So is the San Antonio area the best place to have as a base? Like I said, some days I'l be wanting to just take it easy on the beach and explore the area as I'm not planning on going out clubbing every night.

If want to avoid beer-boys definitive don't book somethiong in san an. ;)
I think playa d'en bossa and figueretas are both the better choice for you.
I know both, i would prefer figueretas.
Cause if u have your hotel in figueretas u can walk to the town center and the port in about ten minutes, there u will find a much better selection of bars and restaurantes then at bossa. From bossa u have to take the bus or a taxi to the center, cause it's a long walk.
Personaly i think figueretas is much more nicer then bossa.
On the other hand at bossa u r next to space and bora bora.

To reach nice beaches u have to take the bus for example to Salinas or a taxi. There's no difference between Figueretas or Bossa, there are no good beaches in walking distance expect Bora Bora. But Bora Bora is more for partieng and not so good to chill.

I will give u an advice: hire a car, that's the only way to explore the whole white isle and the beautiful places and small bays. And it's the best way to reach all the real beautiful beaches.
C u
Just enjoy it

There must be some decent beaches by Figueretas? I like the idea of being so close to Ibiza town, though. Is San Antonio Bay alright though? (Beaches/atmosphere/food/bars?) Certainly that's where all the good deals have been to.

Yeanoh there are some beaches by Figueretas but they are not so nice.
And trust me ibiza has some of the nicest beaches in eurpoe, i think.
So u waste your time at the beaches in figueretas.
U can't compare the atmosphere of ibiza town and san an.
pesonally i would never stay in san an. Cause many of the people there are not these open minded club ppl, who are responsible for the spirit of ibiza, there are too many beer-boys as u sad.

Stay away from San Antonio completely. And the reason the Bay is reasonably priced as it isn't close to anywhere.

Ahhhh, I'm so confused, as I have heard so many conflicting views about the resorts. Surely there are buses which run frequently from San Antonio Bay to Ibiza Town? Figueretas looks nice, but I'm worried it might be a little dead.

I don't expect the clubs to be on my doorstep, but would like decent bars/resteraunts/beaches nearby. A mate of mine said that San Antonio Bay was completely different to San Antonio town (as in few beer-boys and general idiots) How scenic is San Antonio Bay? (on this site it says it's one of the most beautiful bays in the med)

Sorry for all the questions-I just don't know where to start and want to have an amazing time and not be stuck out in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of fannies!

I stayed in San An Bay last year and am going back again this year. It's not too rowdy but there are still bars and restaurants. The beaches were sandy and then we used to wander round to San An itself in the evening to go to the sunset bars or Bar M etc before catching the disco bus to wherever. There weren't TOO many beer boys there compared to San An itself and as you rightly said that's where all the deals are.

Playa d'en Bossa is a bit of a strange place, just one long road really although of course you have got Space and Bora Bora there. San An town is best avoided altogether unless you want to roll around in your own vomit :eek:

Avoid the West End, but San An wins.

Mambo, Cafe Del Mar, Kasbah, Savannah, Coastline, Bar M, Il Vatecano.

Playa Den Bossa is a stange place. Great to pop in for Space and Bora Bora, but good to spend quiet nights at Cafe Del Mar and Mambo in San An.

I believe Playa Den Bossa is more of a German tourist resort.

kitten's head said:
on this site it says it's one of the most beautiful bays in the med

it is!! :D

IB-324.jpg

Kitten's head

So where did you finally decide to stay and did you make the right choice?? I stayed in San Antonio town the last time i went, and it wasn't bad at all. We were right beside bar M in Fiesta palmyra hotel, the town can be grand as long as you get somewhere decent to stay, i would hate to stay down where the west end is though, that would be mingin'!

Re: Kitten's head

dawnarmstrong said:
So where did you finally decide to stay and did you make the right choice?? I stayed in San Antonio town the last time i went, and it wasn't bad at all. We were right beside bar M in Fiesta palmyra hotel, the town can be grand as long as you get somewhere decent to stay, i would hate to stay down where the west end is though, that would be mingin'!

I stayed in Playa Den Bossa last year and loved it so much I returned there this year.

For me, it's the best area as it's so close to ibiza Town (where all the best restaurants and good bars are) and has a good beach and of course, Bora Bora. Not to mention Ancient People, Space, Pin-Up....

I suppose if you are there for the clubs it doesn't really matter where you stay coz you will always have a good bit of distance to get to the decent clubs!! :x San An is probably more suited to people on a budget just like moi!! :D We are going to stay in the bay this year....I hope its as good!! Ofcourse it will be, it's ibiza!!

Back