Where to get a Covid test in Ibiza and Formentera

To go to Ibiza, whether it is Amber or Green you do not need any kind of test or vaccine if coming from the UK.

When coming back to the UK, you need to take a test in Ibiza, a maximum of 72 hours before returning.

Rick
Thanks....where can we take a test; and what happens if you are staying on Formentera?

Thinking about it - I would have thought the tourist board and local government would have put aside places to conduct these tests...maybe partition off some of the hotels...to make it easier for the tourist to manage even if it meant a fee. just simply turn up with your documents and have the test; or even at the airport itself, it's easy enough to get to the day or so before you leave.

There is another thread with info on getting the test done. I am going to use a company that comes to my Villa to do the test.

So that's finally my review:
-Salutlabs does a great service with PCR saliva test on both islands, but it takes some time to receive the result (24 hours).
-The Labor Biofarma (Eivissa) is very fast: I was tested at 10.30 am and had the result at 16.30 pm. So if you have a flight back home in the evening, you can take an early ferry from Formentera and get you're PCR test directly in Eivissa.

-Salutlabs does a great service with PCR saliva test on both islands, but it takes some time to receive the result (24 hours).
-The Labor Biofarma (Eivissa) is very fast: I was tested at 10.30 am and had the result at 16.30 pm. So if you have a flight back home in the evening, you can take an early ferry from Formentera and get you're PCR test directly in Eivissa.

great info, thanks @alekla

BIB - did you show up at the clinic for the test; or was it done in your residence via courier? Personally I'd like to show up at the clinic rather than self-test.

sry for the late answer. Personally i was in the laboratory, but friends of mine tried the service from salutlabs in our hotel and they were very happy

How much did the test cost?

The express one at Biofarma was 120 Euro and the saliva test with salutlabs was 135 Euro. This was in may and i saw that salutslabs is now 125 Euro.
Thanks...wow that's expensive; if someone's there for 14 days it's not so bad but if it's four or five it's a huge top-up.

Asked elsewhere, but why do people keep getting PCR tests out there? UK only requires lateral flow?
I find the whole thing so confusing I'm on the verge of giving up any idea of a holiday overseas until 2023 now.

Asked elsewhere, but why do people keep getting PCR tests out there? UK only requires lateral flow?
A few reasons I think. Because PCR tests are more accurate, and for some people the sake of €50 difference, they would rather have the peace of mind that they aren't potentially infecting loved ones back home. Also, because things are liable to change at short notice, and if they did, PCR tests are gonna be remain valid while LFT are more likely to be removed

I read that the NHS lateral flow tests are not accepted. You need a letter/email confirmation from a pharmacy/testing company.

Hi all, hope everyone is well ;-) I’m not sure if this has been discussed already/elsewhere but how much are pre departure tests in Ibiza? Many thanks if anybody replies. All the best 👍

Back