Where to exchange money

A

Anubis1020

I live in the US and I was wondering if I should exchange my money (into euros) here or in Ibiza. I heard that the airport in Ibiza has the best exchange rate. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I always get my cash from the ATM machines (there are plenty in Ibiza), I find that way you get the best rate and avoid any commission charges. Not sure if your US cards will work though, maybe check with your bank.

If your ATM card is visa then you should be able to use them over in Ibiza!

I'd reccomend this approach rather than messing about with travellers cheques - you will get the latest exchange rate each time you take cash out and avoid commission charges.

if I use my switch, will it charge me any extra for taking money out abroad? I had to do this last year when I went to pacha but cant remember if the bank charged me extra!

Yep, I dunno about switch but I'm sure that when I use a VISA abroad I don't get hammered with charges (but I could be wrong)

nish said:
if I use my switch, will it charge me any extra for taking money out abroad? I had to do this last year when I went to pacha but cant remember if the bank charged me extra!

I don't get any charges, check with your bank nish

money

nish

check with your bank, you may get charged for an exchange rate.

so each time you my a with draw it's 3 to 4 pounds.

that sfor the converstion. form pound to euro.

Anubis1020

i would check the rate of exchange i.e euro against doller and see how you come. of. you may come of better depend on which is stronger.

With Uk cards, you get hammered by charges if you use a debit card (switch or visa delta) I always get cash from an atm on my credit card, found it's the cheapest way.
The exchange rate this summer is depressing :cry:

YES damn wot the hell has happend to the Euro, suddenly my holiday is getting more and more expensive
its a shite rate!

Looks like UK might be joining the euro soon, klingclubber.

(although not in time for this year's holiday, sadly!)

well i read that we might not be joining as soon as expected
so in the meantime, i am not getting my moneis worth from the damn Euro!

just wanna be greedy and get as many Euro's for my £££££££

rustywoo said:
With Uk cards, you get hammered by charges if you use a debit card (switch or visa delta) I always get cash from an atm on my credit card, found it's the cheapest way.
The exchange rate this summer is depressing :cry:

I dont get charged a penny with my visa delta. It depends on your bank

If you take money out on your CREDIT card you get charged interest from the day you take it out as it is treated as a cash advance.

I'm going to change a bit of money into Euros and then take sterling travellers cheques as they can get replaced if they get lost or nicked. This has happened to me in the past.

I'd also be worried in case I lost my card while I was over there and I was stuck with no funds.

cheers, ill check with the bank tommorrow on my visa and switch, ill post the details on here if anyone wants to know the score

if your worried about interest charges take money from your regular account and put it on your VISA as an advance...unless of course you run out of money and have to run you credit card into debt which i know will happen to me.. :rolleyes:

Back