Where are you all having you Company xmas do's this year

mambobirdette

Well i organised a Black Tie Dinner Dance at Aston Villa's conference suite's for the company im at now but ive decided not to go because ive started to hate them and i know id be telling some of them a few home truth's if i got a little tipsy.

Ive just found out that the new agency that i start with on Monday have hired a booth in the Litten Tree and we have a little buffet. Were going to start drining about 4pm and have a buffet for lunch too.

What have i let myself in for :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol:

we get to go to our basement and chat to (unts we dont like, and have cold turkey and salmon! Can you believe its mandatory that me go :evil:

Think I'm gonna go sick this year :rolleyes:

Newcastle Racecourse for me - big Marquee, Jazz band, Disco, Caricaturists, Magician/Pickpockets, Palmists, and loads of prize draws... Free bar, 5 course meal.... they better bloody appreciate it this year the amount of work I have done on it....... :evil:

oooh, nearly forgot, you just reminded me PL with your prize draws, we also have a raffle, where the said (unts have to donate something into the raffle, which usually consists of a corporate gift, someone one a napf frisby once :rolleyes: oh the joy :rolleyes:

We are having our Chirstmas do in the new Science museum :D It's a really cool place but it's a shame cos our celebrations are very boring and weird. My first year on here, the director's speach started like this: This year we have nothing to celebrate :eek: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

same as every other year

go to a marriot hotel in bexley heath

sit down dinner, where we usually start a food fight, then a disco thing, then move on to this private little bar til bout 6 in the morning, get put up in well nice room, not that i made it back there last year, then if you dont escape quick enough in the morning, meet for breakfast before going home

last year i remember me and my pal smashing plates against the walls in the corridors at about midnight, as we'd 'never been to a greek restaurant before' :eek:

silvia said:
My first year on here, the director's speach started like this: This year we have nothing to celebrate :eek: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Quality! Nearly as good as the year I arranged a massive Christmas Party - paid a £20k deposit then got told 2 weeks before that we were going to sack about 100 members of staff due to cutbacks and that the powers that be thought it wouldnt be good to be seen to be spending this much money on a party after they were going to sack loads of people as a cost cutting exercise. I was told I would have to send a note out to all staff to say "Sorry due to cutbacks this year's Christmas Party will be cancelled......." The fall out from that was unbelievable - you'de have thought it was my decision to cancel and I got all the flack for the cancellation. Arseholes!! :evil:

mambobirdette said:
but ive decided not to go because ive started to hate them and i know id be telling some of them a few home truth's if i got a little tipsy.
:

all the better reason to go :p

Lots and lots and lots of drinking in a room at a pub next to where I work, it's a top place, full of character, one of the best pubs around for miles and not that many people know of it. Then on Xmas Eve, more drinking.

well everyone off my course are hiring a coach and going into the village for a big drinks up,does that count :p

Going for Xmas lunch in Di Maggios then later in the day wine and cakes in work. Normally we have an Xmas party in our seminar room but it's cancelled this year due to lack of interest last year! Can't say I'm bothered!

The usual cack! Trip along to the local toby carvery for the £12.95 christmas lunch - work with a bunch of tight wads :confused: .

Then onto Agenda next door for many drinks. Most (there is about 35 of us) head onto a chesse party, as you can imagine chessey tunes, alcopops and tinsel round their necks - its like watching David Brent and his team :lol:

I will stay in Agenda I think ;)

I frikkin LOVE Christmas Parties.

Absolute carnage entails, with ever single member of staff getting completely blotto.

The gossip the next day is half the fun of it :lol:

Fraz said:
The usual cack! Trip along to the local toby carvery for the £12.95 christmas lunch - work with a bunch of tight wads :confused: .

Then onto Agenda next door for many drinks. Most (there is about 35 of us) head onto a chesse party, as you can imagine chessey tunes, alcopops and tinsel round their necks - its like watching David Brent and his team :lol:

Where bouts do you work? I used to stay just up the road from there.

We're going to the Point Hotel. Think we have to wear kilts or dinner suit to it :rolleyes:

Aaron said:
Fraz said:

Where bouts do you work? I used to stay just up the road from there.

We're going to the Point Hotel. Think we have to wear kilts or dinner suit to it :rolleyes:

Aaron

PM'd you.

We're having a Vegas themed night at a local conference hall / restaurant. Uh huh :D It's on a Wednesday night so I can sense productivity will be a tad down the next day :p

Back