What's your favourite kind of night out?

Mrnanderson

Whatsup! :)

I’m organising an event and it got me thinking..... What’s your favourite kind of night out?

I know this is the Ibiza crowd, so house/techno are king!

But what about something a bit different..

Who on here would go to a night out in a venue whose theme is different cultures....

So your usual headline DJ (house/techno) in the main room, playing a set in in their style but in line with one of the themes, then one room Latin (Day of the dead, carnival), another room Italo Disco (80s theme, cheesy moustaches and open hawaiin shirts), another US Hip Hop (strip club vibe) etc etc etc? Music, food, drinks, decor all themed.

Do you think this would stand out and be something you would go to or would you pass/too cheesy?

Thanks in advance... In the words of DJ Khaled:

YOU A GENIUS! I APPRECIATE YOU!

I don't like the idea because I'm a purist.

if I want techno, I go to a venue which is known as a great venue for techno and has the crowd I'm looking for
if I wanted hip hop, I'd go to a venue which is known as a great venue for hip hop and has a good crowd.
...repeat with any music style you want.

that is really just my opinion though.

I dont party like I used to anymore and if i do it has to be music i like and want to listen too...if I go out I personally dont wana listen to hip hop, salsa etc

it all reeks of Har Mar Superstar and the Cuban Brothers.

"hilarious" mankinis

"ironic" nights

"guilty pleasures"

wacky office co-workers justifying sartorial crimes against humanity in the name of charity

'school disco' nights where 52 year old women gyrate to Five Star

These people are the ENEMY. This is what WE are up against. This is WHY punk and acid house HAPPENED.

it all reeks of Har Mar Superstar and the Cuban Brothers.

"hilarious" mankinis

"ironic" nights

"guilty pleasures"

wacky office co-workers justifying sartorial crimes against humanity in the name of charity

'school disco' nights where 52 year old women gyrate to Five Star

These people are the ENEMY. This is what WE are up against. This is WHY punk and acid house HAPPENED.

Nope that's not the idea, it's intended as a way of celebrating different cultures and music of the world and having fun with it. however point taken i need to hear people's opinions!

there is more than a whiff of a wind-up here which kind of undermines the inconsequential rant I was about to unleash.

Considering you've only been here for 5 minutes (again... yawn) its surprising you are such an obnoxious twat to everyone and everything immediately (again...yawn)

Different username... same boring pretentious wank

Considering you've only been here for 5 minutes (again... yawn) its surprising you are such an obnoxious twat to everyone and everything immediately (again...yawn)

Different username... same boring pretentious wank

Well hark at super sleuth clouseau here

you do realise it was just a silly thread where people were having a laugh ?

ps / there is a mute function on here y'know if it matters that much

X

Back