What's the weather like at the moment?

ddi's weatherman, Miguel Pez, says that the storm damage was caused not by a tornado, but a downburst as the trees uprooted or broken all fell in the same direction. a tornado would scatter them everywhere as it whirled round. if he's read this thread he'd also probably mention to our spotlight weatherman that it is currently pissing it down!

raining in san josé? ?

it was, though accompanied by yet another power outage, i couldn't report it at the exact time.

The guy was a perfectionist married into local money with a free house, so the work quality was top notch as he wasn't cutting any corners. Just the usual local problems of reliability of his help (had a builder-by-trade mate doing all the cutting and re-setting ridge tiles). You can never just get a job started and finished with local people without unscheduled absenteeism, family dramas, weddings, stag do's, holidays etc etc stuffing up any work schedule. Not to mention materials deliveries which never happen on time in the sticks.

There's never any substitute labour available in August or September (roofer tried and failed with all his local contacts). It's the same story here with any job, the only thing which ever started and finished on time in 16 years was when we had expert flooring contractors come down from near London and install hard tiled flooring in the whole of the downstairs of the house. They were in and out in 2 1/2 days and did a perfect job. Employing locals that would probably have been dragged out into a 2 week ordeal. One local resident tried bringing in Poles to re-do some steps (Conservation Area) and despite them doing a straight replacement amazing job they had the Council Planning Office show up and order them to be dismantled. Locals wound up getting the work to put them back after paperwork enabling the very same thing was applied for and issued. Can guarantee they wouldn't have done that if locals had been employed on Day 1 (blind eyes turned to illegal double glazing in listed properties and all sorts). I could really go on but 'nuff said as way off topic now !!!
Cool story ?

weather forecast in case anyone is coming to ibiza for halloween:

generally this week will be a mix of sun and clouds, but definitely more sun than clouds for most days. daytime still warm enough for the beach and swimming, it's slowly getting chilly at night (especially because now you start to feel the humidity at night which makes it feel colder than it actually is).

weather update - autumn has arrived on the balearics. it's been really windy this week and bit by bit temperatures have gone down. it's still sunny right now, but at 15degrees C it's pretty chilly for start of november.

the whole of spain (except canary islands) is getting some really cold air currently and on the mainland lots of places are even getting snow now and over the weekend.

as for ibiza, tomorrow looks sunny, but sunday looks like a really wet and cold autumn day - a proper sofa sunday me thinks.

next week looks a bit better again, but beachdays are gone for now. I've been out hiking quite a bit though and for that the weather is great - also because now the island gets super green again. we also saw about 50 flamingos from close up in the salinas area yesterday.

Forecast looks amazing for the next week or so! I make the mistake of keeping the Ibiza forecast on my weather app ?

anyone coming to the balearics over xmas and/or new years?

while it's pissing down (or snowing, depending on where you live) on most of the mainland this week, the balearics only get a little rain - but it is grey today. and until fri/sat it looks a little meh (cloudy/overcast and rain on friday). but then, if the forecast is correct, it gets sunny and stable for next week. on the weekend it might be really warm (20ºc) and while it gets cooler after that, for christmas week it currently looks like a lot of sun - let's hope it stays like that for NYE and NYD too!

anyone coming to the balearics over xmas and/or new years?

while it's pissing down (or snowing, depending on where you live) on most of the mainland this week, the balearics only get a little rain - but it is grey today. and until fri/sat it looks a little meh (cloudy/overcast and rain on friday). but then, if the forecast is correct, it gets sunny and stable for next week. on the weekend it might be really warm (20ºc) and while it gets cooler after that, for christmas week it currently looks like a lot of sun - let's hope it stays like that for NYE and NYD too!

Yep - not a lot beats listening to Tania Vulcano in the garden at DC10 on a sunny day ! - fingers crossed for the weather

Yep - not a lot beats listening to Tania Vulcano in the garden at DC10 on a sunny day ! - fingers crossed for the weather

I‘ve never seen the garden open for NYD ? but fingers crossed anyway, it‘ll be comfier if it‘s dry!

back on the island and it's FAR too warm for february. had lunch in the sun and people were sunbathing on talamanca beach. car thermometer showed 21 degrees C.

same for tomorrow before it gets cooler again. I think @jimmiz has the same warm weather in france too!

back on the island and it's FAR too warm for february. had lunch in the sun and people were sunbathing on talamanca beach. car thermometer showed 21 degrees C.

same for tomorrow before it gets cooler again. I think @jimmiz has the same warm weather in france too!
Yes... Since 3 days it's crazy, normally it should come back to normality tomorrow...
Picture from this afternoon.
rps20200203_203312.jpg
And I live near the Alps...
Global warming is real...

Back