WHATS THE FUSS ABOUT OPENING PARTIES?

I've always had the mostest bestest times at the opening parties.

Everyone is fresh and full of energy
the weather is hot (Sept can be iffy)
the clubs are full but not too much
people are excited and looking forward to a summer ahead.
You hear loadsa choons for the first time and have excellent memories every time you hear them out later in the summer.

The two best sets ive heard on the island (Danny 2001, Erick 2002 @ Space Sundays') were at opening parties. Oakey at Pacha, even GodsKitchen at, ahem, Eden were exciting parties.

Sometimes in September people are tooooooooooooooooo funked they cant stand straight let alone dance. June is, IMHO, best.

Considering the fact that this year was my first time, I cannot judge against the closing season. However, having caught all the major opening parties; Space-Sundays, Amnesia-Cream, Pacha-Release Yourself, DC10-Circo Loco and one at El Divino, I would say that I could definitely sense an air of eager anticipation amongst the regulars. As far as being packed is concerned, I thought that it was pretty packed. While it was hot, I thought that if I had one of those portable fans in my room, it would have been great. If I end up transfering to Europe, I will definitely be there for opening as well as closing.

I definitely agree with the others that the line-ups are much better for opening than say mid-season. It is just a wise business decision. I do not think an opening party that takes a nose-dive would be good for business.

Cheers,

LagunaBeachCA

Im just afraid that ill have a major downer when I GET bakc, knowing that the summer excitement is over now that I did Ibiza already :cry:

Ibiza-girlie said:
Im just afraid that ill have a major downer when I GET bakc, knowing that the summer excitement is over now that I did Ibiza already :cry:

Just do as I do then, a little week in June as a warm-up and then 2 weeks later in season :p

Ibiza-girlie said:

Dear, use the advice i gave u in another thread:
"Try as hard as u can to make it more than once per year. That's at least my goal for this year's upcoming summer in paradise"

And yes i know it isnt easy (aka too expensive) to have 2 ibiza trips per year, but if u direct all your energies thru the whole year just to make it happen so it may succeed.
I myself been working my ass off all year to make this wish of being able to attend both the opening and closing parties in summer 2004 come true.

Best of luck to u too in doing that :D

yeah I really schould but now moving has sorta come in the way of that! - but I dunno, still depends as I need to go via UK to get there or spain, as we have no freakin´direct flights here! :cry: = expensive!

We dont have any direct flights to the island as well, but i somehow manage with all the huge expanses it takes to fly via 2 flights. :)

yeah and its well worth it, but I also have to pay for the days Im off work, as I havent been there long enuff for them to pay for my vacationtime

Back