Whatever happened to Cream?

Big Wox

As the title suggests what happened and why?

I know it moved from the Thursday night Amnesia slot to Hi but that didn't last very long. I get that music tastes have changed etc. but in terms of the move from Amnesia, did it simply run its course? Was the night not a success during the year? Admittedly the times I attended were towards the end of the seasons but it was always rammed and a great night.

Interested in views albeit may have been covered here before so apologies in advance is that's the case.

The brand got bought by Live Nation a good while back I think so wouldn’t surprise me if those that got ‘it’ had moved on and lost its energy.

The terrace programming got a bit ‘meh’ and the programming was a bit generic but agreed even in it’s last few years I remember it being busy on the terrace at least

The brand got bought by Live Nation a good while back I think so wouldn’t surprise me if those that got ‘it’ had moved on and lost its energy.

The terrace programming got a bit ‘meh’ and the programming was a bit generic but agreed even in it’s last few years I remember it being busy on the terrace at least
James Barton works at Live Nation

Thanks for the replies. Yeah just wondered if the night was not commercially viable any more (it didn't last long at Hi although I'd suggest it was Cream in name only really).

This thread has sent me down a rabbit hole of checking concert dates for DJs from the early 2000s. This won't be cheap.

Thanks guys.
I think Seb Fontaine was the first Dj I ever saw at Cream in Amnesia. The tune I always remember him playing was the Katcha remix of Solar Stone Seven Cities, I’ve loved that tune (and remix of it) ever since

Best (and haziest) memory is probably PvD at the 2002 or 2003 closing party playing stuff like Blue Monday, Way Out West Mindcircus at what seems like silly times of the morning (I have no idea what time it actually was, but i remember it seemed very bright in the main room, like daylight, and there were penguins dancing on the podiums 😂)

I think Seb Fontaine was the first Dj I ever saw at Cream in Amnesia. The tune I always remember him playing was the Katcha remix of Solar Stone Seven Cities, I’ve loved that tune (and remix of it) ever since

Best (and haziest) memory is probably PvD at the 2002 or 2003 closing party playing stuff like Blue Monday, Way Out West Mindcircus at what seems like silly times of the morning (I have no idea what time it actually was, but i remember it seemed very bright in the main room, like daylight, and there were penguins dancing on the podiums 😂)
He used to always play Blue Monday in his Ibiza Sets. Heard him drop it many a time 😍

Cream on a Thursday was incredible back in the late 90's. Sadly it went downhill once the trance started to become less popular. The last time I went was 2015, PVD main room, Prydz on the terrace, should have been rammo...but was half empty. Was very sad to see....considering how busy and electric it was back in the day

Cream on a Thursday was incredible back in the late 90's. Sadly it went downhill once the trance started to become less popular. The last time I went was 2015, PVD main room, Prydz on the terrace, should have been rammo...but was half empty. Was very sad to see....considering how busy and electric it was back in the day
That was the last year I went too, 2015 think it was the first time I’d gone since 2005. Couldn’t believe the difference compared to back in the day

Back