What Was the final Tune@We Love Sundays@ Space

S

seanbelfast

Fatboy Slim On the Terrace what did he play Elton John By Any Chance..?

No, he played Love is in the air..... It was amazing!!!!!!!
Just got back last night from Ibiza, I'm very depressed....... :cry:

belle said:
No, he played Love is in the air

Quite fitting i suppose, but i hate those closing 'normal' tunes :x

MAW - To Be In Love would have been a better choice ;)

See what happens on Sunday hey :p

Didn't think that last one worked too well either, thought Fatboy Slim rocked the place though. Shame there was no room to breathe on the terrace let alone dance though. Final tune at Hed Kandi on Sat night was much better - "You've got the love I need to see me through" :D

andre27 said:
"Love is in the Air?" Good thing I wasn't there...

Totally cringe-inducing :rolleyes:

you had to be there, it was a great moment. i also never realised that 'love is in the air' is quite good to dance to.

poor old fatboy slim though, he had all sorts of trouble with the mixer on the terrace. the residents had to dive in on a few occassions to get the levels right for him.

then in manumission on monday night we turned up just as he was rocking the crowd and 'fatboy slim' was proudly displayed in scrabble tiles behind him. A few tunes later and the power went to the main speakers and you could barely hear any music. This completely ruined his set. In the end he was being given shoes by the crowd and started DJ'ing with them instead - quite strange. When after 30 mins there was still no power he left the dj booth with a shrug of the shoulders.

a little while later the music kicked back in again but fatboy didn't return.

the problems continued during the big show on stage - all the manumission were crew left helpless without music, and that idiot that sings 'imagine' had to give up halfway though (thankfully).

it was still a great night though....

Didn't Lawler close out with the ever predictable "Sweet Dreams"? His set was awesome though. It was great to see the Space owner out dancing in the box and thanking the crowd. He says "We Love Sundays at a Space"! Superb.

Kristoff K said:
Didn't Lawler close out with the ever predictable "Sweet Dreams"?

hm, i left at 12:30 when he was playing "the bombdogs - can´t explain"...thought it was the last tune...?

well its a great song

though closing every week with it might be a bit ott but i doubt there are that many that go every week, wish i could

Lawler closed with Sweet Dreams, still a quality terrace tune but it's like Steve you've been closing sets with it for the last 3 years, let's have a bit of orginality pls :rolleyes: :p

Fatboy closed his set with Love is in the Air, don't care what anyone says it was an absolute perfect terrace moment :D

Barbie said:
Fatboy closed his set with Love is in the Air, don't care what anyone says it was an absolute perfect terrace moment :D

hear hear!

it was amazing, i was on the podium in the middle and looking back across the terrace with everyone waving their arms was, as you say, a perfect moment.

the lyrics in the chorus had a different meaning - not some soppy love song but a statement of fact, right then, with the terrace rammed with loved up people, love truly was 'in the air'!

:lol:

sunny_d said:
hear hear!

it was amazing, i was on the podium in the middle and looking back across the terrace with everyone waving their arms was, as you say, a perfect moment.

the lyrics in the chorus had a different meaning - not some soppy love song but a statement of fact, right then, with the terrace rammed with loved up people, love truly was 'in the air'!

:lol:

It was such a fab moment, it even brought a tear to this old bint's eye :p

One of the best parties of my life (the terrace session), with one of those best party moments as well - when Fatboy Slim dropped 'Love is in the air' and the place went balistic!
I myself felt i'm sky high that particular moment... big ups Fatboy Slim! :D

Back