What to wear?

kittycartier

Hi all, I'm new here.

Going to Ibiza in August (my first time) and I'm a bit confused about what people wear to go clubbing.

From what I've seen on youtube (e.g. Space, Bora Bora), girls are wearing bikini's and guys swim shorts and no tops (the sun is shining so I assume it's between 4am - 9pm). I'm 37 (but very young at heart:D) and only wear a bikini on the beach, will I be an outcast if I'm not 19 years old and shaking my tush around in next to nothing!!

Seriously tho, what to wear? Do you wear what you would to go to a club in UK, are there dress codes in some clubs? Any advice?

Many thanks

Kitty

Hi all, I'm new here.

Going to Ibiza in August (my first time) and I'm a bit confused about what people wear to go clubbing.

From what I've seen on youtube (e.g. Space, Bora Bora), girls are wearing bikini's and guys swim shorts and no tops (the sun is shining so I assume it's between 4am - 9pm). I'm 37 (but very young at heart:D) and only wear a bikini on the beach, will I be an outcast if I'm not 19 years old and shaking my tush around in next to nothing!!

Seriously tho, what to wear? Do you wear what you would to go to a club in UK, are there dress codes in some clubs? Any advice?

Many thanks

Kitty

We wore what we wore at home but instead of heels, flip flops. I think anything goes out there. Your never under dressed or over dressed. From what I saw anyway.

Wear what you feel comfortable in... you can ear shorts etc into the day time clubs, but personally I wouldnt advice it in the likes of pacha. The majority of people tend to get their glad rags on for these.
As long as you don't look like you have been dragged through a hedge backwards you should be fine.

J

Pacha is definitely very smartly dressed. But like someone said, as long as your not a scruff you will be fine.

I've never been that dressed up in Ibiza, usually just a summer dress skirt with heels once in a while but usually flip flops, flat shoes..

now since there is no daytime clubbing maybe people will be wearing parkas! :lol:

I've never been that dressed up in Ibiza, usually just a summer dress skirt with heels once in a while but usually flip flops, flat shoes..

now since there is no daytime clubbing maybe people will be wearing parkas! :lol:

Do girls really wear flip flops to clubs there?? I would be afraid of getting my feet stepped on all night....although, the thought of wearing 3 inch heels 4 nights in a row has already got me in some pain lol

My advice has always been to log on to Youtube and search for the clubs that you want to go to and look at what the 'standard' of dress is (if there is such a thing)

Just make sure it's this year or you might mistakenly go out and buy mahoosive sunglasses for example ;) :lol:

Ive always worn flip flops. Cant be doing with sore feet at the end of the night!!!

I did have someone tread on my foot once but that could happen in any shoes really couldnt it so I wouldnt worry!

Flip flops are the way forward for pain free dancing 8)

Do girls really wear flip flops to clubs there?? I would be afraid of getting my feet stepped on all night....although, the thought of wearing 3 inch heels 4 nights in a row has already got me in some pain lol

yes... especially space!!

the standard dress for space is shorts and t-shirt, or skirts with tops and flip flops or casual shoes...

Ibiza isn't that dressy IMO... maybe the VIP at Pacha... but I'm not a huge pach fan... it has too much of a posey atmosphere

but yeah, watch out for glass and people steppping on your feet.....it does happen!!

yes... especially space!!

the standard dress for space is shorts and t-shirt, or skirts with tops and flip flops or casual shoes...

Ibiza isn't that dressy IMO... maybe the VIP at Pacha... but I'm not a huge pach fan... it has too much of a posey atmosphere

but yeah, watch out for glass and people steppping on your feet.....it does happen!!

I agree.

Who cares about what they are wearing or what designer outfit they have when the ultimate reason you are there is to enjoy and appreciate Ibiza and good music.

I did see a guy last year dressed as a banana... I wouldn't really go for this. Not becuase you won't get in, you'll just look like a tw*t!

J

We met someone wearing a Borat style mankini under his clothes in El Divino. I have a pic somewhere. Frigging hilarious.

I always went quite casual (last time I was in Ibiza), but this year I want to go to Pacha & heard it's quite glam. Does everyone reckon you have to try a bit harder in there? I certainly won't be wearing heels in Ibiza, I plan to dance for hours & can't be doing with sore feet.

Thanks for any advice.

I always went quite casual (last time I was in Ibiza), but this year I want to go to Pacha & heard it's quite glam. Does everyone reckon you have to try a bit harder in there? I certainly won't be wearing heels in Ibiza, I plan to dance for hours & can't be doing with sore feet.

Thanks for any advice.

You dont have to try harder, we didnt, but then we didnt know. There was just lots of glam spanish people in there. This was on a Wed night though, might be different on other nights as I dont remember it being like that on a Mon.

my other half always goes onto websites like tillate and dontstayin to check out all the pics from all the various clubs in Ibiza, these are updated daily ....good way to start ;)

You should just wear what you feel like!
Shouldnt have to look at pics to decide what to wear. Be yourself!

Back