what to see in D´alt Vila and near the "castle"...

McRackin said:
it looks cooler at night:

105.jpg
and again :arrow:
Ib04.JPG

Fireworks/fiesta

Hi all
Anybod got the date for the mega firework display last year's was in early aug is it the same in 2004? we got the boat out from ibiza town it was brill
and not to expensive see u there
mick

McRackin said:
this is what you see when you are descending through portal de ses taules
and this is what you see once you descended:

v2003134.jpg

plaza constitución is one of my favourite parts of ibiza town with all those french-owned cafés.
in the corner just next to the french-owned clothes shop holala! the family of antoni pomar
(the most famous local painter and also a former teacher of mine ;) ) will open soon a new
jewerly shop like others they have around town (next time you see a shop with the name
pomar you will know who owns it :idea: ) but also with pottery and even an art gallery upstairs.
they showed me the interior the other day and it looks really great. its definitively going to
add a touch of class to this part of the town :!:

McRackin

Happy15.gif

and talking about the castle:

National "Parador" Hotel Gets Good Response.
Everyone was delighted this week when the decision to convert the Castle in Ibiza Old Town
into a National "Parador" Hotel was finally confirmed. Turning the Castle into this type of hotel
means that the cultural & historical value of the building will be preserved & restored. The
"Parador" Hotel concept is designed to cater for quality tourists & to help enhance the
reputation of the areas where they are located as well as maintain a high level of catering &
services within the establishments. This can only benefit Ibiza as a whole as we try to improve
our image & attractiveness worldwide.

(the ibiza sun)

19.jpg

Back