What to do with your holiday money and the urgent papers

feynman

It s possible to rent a deposit box in a bank if you feel unsafe. Someone told me this.
But this is a real problem : Where can you store your Money and Cards really safe in Holiday ?

Last edited:
Ist possible to rent a deposit box in a bank if you feel unsafe. Someone told me this.
But this is a real problem : Where can you store your Money and Cards really safe in Holiday ?

I know there's been some shady instances of robberies from hotel rooms but I don't see those reports now, so I would feel safe just putting it underneath something or inside a drawer if I don't have a room safe.

Did the same : Looking for a hideout … Never had Problems, but ...
The room safe is not safe ( they know here is the money )
Ok , 2 or 3 hideouts and pray. Safes at the reception are much safer , thats a solution ...

Ok , 2 or 3 hideouts and pray. Safes at the reception are much safer , thats a solution ...
Expect the unexpected...

Agreed they know money is likely to be in there but they don't know the code to get into it, and can't imagine someone would actually go to the effort to nick the whole thing for a couple hundred euros and some pills

They know exactly where to look!

Saying that, I put my cash and spare cards in a false ceiling (the ceiling tile type) one year.

Ok ,Thread what to do with your Holiday Money and the urgent papers ?
I dont know it , no one know it I assume.

I always take cash out with me just so I can budget my spending better but I assume pretty much all venues accept card, including the big clubs.

Anyone know if they accept apple pay as well? That is probably the safest and easiest option to most

Urgent papers? The Guardian? rizlas?

OK you are right : There are no urgent Papers in Holiday. Flights are possible with Passports only. Its Cash and cards .
Sometimes the phone : Dont need it in Clubs , No one will call me at the night.
Always have Cash for some days , because ATM Trouble.

talking of buried things...

there was this hippy from Stuttgart who once stashed a massive bag containing address books and microdots (and other goodies wrapped in kaftans) on some ledge down a well near Sta Gertrudis around 73/74, not long after the feds busted an international network of Timothy Leary's disciples, a loose collection of acid 'penpals' based in Bangor, Wales and word got around so everyone was a little jumpy for a while whenever they saw a cop so he decided to lie low for a few weeks but then the hippy couldn't remember which well it was or where it was. he told another hippy asking him to help find it and then the second hippy asked someone else not to tell anyone and then everyone knew about it but nobody could find it and nobody ever did.

personally I just hide stuff in the car. who's gonna steal or break into some shitty hire car unless there's a gucci bag on the front seat?

Back