What the funk!

Dr Fox

Guys n gals,

I'm looking for a good source for funky house both to purchase and to download (mp3's, ogg's etc). Been to the usual shops - HMV's, Virgin etc but the prices are extortionate. Spent 40 quid on 2 albums the other week but they weren't up to scratch. Don't want to make the same mistake. :(

Been looking for a song called Come on over by John Silver to download but it's seems harder to find than rocking horse sh*t! :lol:

Hope you can help or I'm funked!

try the 'hed kandi' series if your looking for feel good funk. it's not too ground breaking but it will make you move. ( any one by mark doyle.)

Cheers fergie, Just got Disco Kandi 5.2. Absolute quality. I've seen the Hed Kandi series before in the shops but nver had the urge to purchase. I can't put my finger on why either as the line of tunes on most of their albums are outstanding. Cheers for the advice...the only downer is that it's going to cost me a packet for the back catalogue. Here's the track list if you are interested:

Disc: 1
1. (Love) Tattoo - Love Theme (Party) 2. T Ski Vally - Catch The Beat 3. Danny Howells feat. Erire - Dusk 'Til Dawn 4. Todd Gardiner feat. Gynisse - Whatever 5. Deepstar - Sugar 6. Il Padrinos feat. Jocelyn Brown - How Good Your Love Is 7. Fuel - Do 4 Love 8. Latin Hustlers feat. Cate - Big Horn 9. Aly-Us - Follow Me (Full Intention Mix) 10. Dirty Tricks vs. Turntable Orchestra - You're Gonna Miss Me 11. Fac 15 feat. Cathi Ogden - Haven't You Heard? 12. Moony - Dove (I'll Be Loving You)
Disc: 2
1. Hi-Fi Serious - Because 2. Jean Jaques Smoothie - Love & Evil 3. The Adjuster - Breakdown 4. Shakedown - At Night (Mousse T Mix) 5. Mousse T - Fire 6. Raven Maize - Fascinated (Joey Negro Mix) 7. Hakan Lidbo - Bad Girls Go To Hell 8. Syke'n'Sugarstar - Release Yourself 9 Tim Deluxe - It Just Won't Do 10. Layo & Bushwacka - Love Story (Tim Deluxe Mix) 11. Space Cowboy - I Would Die 4 U 12. War - Galaxy 2000 (Plump DJ Mix)

If anybody is interested, if you are looking for DJ mixes of superior quality to download, check out http://www.twelveinch.com/ under audio.

There's every conceivable genre of dance mixes imaginable. I've recently downloaded Doug Masters's Sax Appeal and it is absolutely fantastic. In fact most of his mixes are quality......trust me i'm a Dr.

Back