What sort of children are we bringing into the world?

S

*Saffy*

A schoolgirl cancer victim whose hair was allegedly set on fire by a boy after it had grown back following years of chemotherapy is recovering at home.

Bianca Powell, 11, of Morriston, Swansea, south Wales, frantically beat down the flames with her hands as she ran screaming into school.

Police were called to Pontarddulais Primary School as a result of the alleged attack on Monday.

A 14-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of assault and has been bailed pending further investigations.

Bianca had only recently returned to school after an intensive four-year programme of chemotherapy and radiotherapy for a brain tumour.

During the treatment, her blonde hair had fallen out and had only recently grown back.

Shocked father Jason Powell said she was still recovering from the ordeal.

He said last night: "It's a nightmare. She had just recovered the courage to go back to school after radiotherapy and chemotherapy when this happens.

"It has taken her hair four years to grow back. She is a lot better today but it has been hard work.''

shocking :eek:

I mean who would call their daughter Bianca??!!
Not intended to offend or in any way detract from the evil attack

I read this this morning, this story coming aafter that young boy was beaten and died, brings a tear to my eye, it really is shocking.

The poor girl must have been so happy to be going to big school, and then that happens to her, poor poor lil thing :cry:

the world is full of scum, sub human scum!! it's very sad. I do want children one day and im gonna be a nightmare, if anyone as much as looks at them funny i'll be stragiht up the school!!! :oops:

Some f**ker from the 5th form did that to me on the bus home when i started in high school. thankfully I manged to put it out before it did any real damage :evil: :evil: :evil:

jjinit said:
I do want children one day
Not sure I do anymore! Kids are great, dont get me wrong... but to bring them into a world like this? Its just plain cruel!!

andi said:
jjinit said:
Not sure I do anymore! Kids are great, dont get me wrong... but to bring them into a world like this? Its just plain cruel!!

exactly, I'm not having kids, ever, I got my furry ones they'll do for me :D

Thats what I think too. Whenever you hear all the stories about global warmings, spread off disease etc I always think that i will be dead b4 it gets that bad, but if you have kids....?

Leese said:
andi said:
jjinit said:

exactly, I'm not having kids, ever, I got my furry ones they'll do for me :D
You have furry kids? Don't they get teased at school?

andi said:
jjinit said:

Can't agree Andi - there's some really terrible people in this world and some really terrible things happen, but life (for me and those I know at least) is great and I definitely couldn't say I'll deny the chance for a new life, created by me, to enjoy the moments of exquisite happiness that far outweigh the bad times.

If that poor girl has some great times ahead of her (and if I belived in God I'd pray for that to be the case), I don't think she'll look back as an old woman and say 'I wish I'd never been born because of that incident'.

Buckley said:
andi said:
jjinit said:

Can't agree Andi - there's some really terrible people in this world and some really terrible things happen, but life (for me and those I know at least) is great and I definitely couldn't say I'll deny the chance for a new life, created by me, to enjoy the moments of exquisite happiness that far outweigh the bad times.

If that poor girl has some great times ahead of her (and if I belived in God I'd pray for that to be the case), I don't think she'll look back as an old woman and say 'I wish I'd never been born because of that incident'.

Looks like Buckley is looking to impregnate the 'current'...someone warn her quick... :eek: :lol: :lol:

MidlifeRaver said:
Buckley said:
andi said:
jjinit said:

Looks like Buckley is looking to impregnate the 'current'...someone warn her quick... :eek: :lol: :lol:

:lol: "Give her time Rodders, give her time" Nah, ML that's way off yet - we've got a cat and a rabbit and if we didn't have housemates to help with them even that would be a bit much.

In all seriousness though, people have said (on here) before that they won't have kids because of the state of the world and it really, really saddens me. It is, of course, everyone's own choice whether to have kids or not, but unless you live in a famine stricken country or under a regime of severe state oppression or in a terrible personal/family situation of similar magnitude, life, and the world in general, is great.

As bad as the incident described above is, the girl in question, having beaten cancer (as it appears from the info given), will hopefully go on to live a happy and fulfilling which might be full of times as happy as this one is sad. She's got lots of birthdays she might have thought she'd never see, falling in love (maybe), academic success (maybe), finding her place in the world and perhaps leaving a legacy to the world (kids of her own, a scientific discovery, or friends/relatives inspired by her?) to come. Hence, her life is very much worth living.

Does that make sense?

Buckley said:

Absolutely, there is alot of good in the world too. If you don't have kids just because of all the evil in the world then you are giving into it. Better to have kids and bring them up to respect others and to be nice people.

I agree with Buckley... :eek: :eek:

We can't give up hope even though a lot of things are f*cked up... :D

Personally I can't wait for kids (or trainee servants as me and Miss Midlife call them)...

'Tarquin get your arse over here and roll mummy and daddy another spliff'

'Jacasta, careful with that coke darling...its coming out your allowance if you spill any'

;)

Back