What NOT to wear when clubbing ...

Hurumph! Suppose you're gonna say wooly socks next!

I am DAMN WELL gonna take my wooly socks out to Pacha on the 17th ! May not actually be wearing em .. but if you see someone dancing with a wooly sock, then it will be ME !

Heels :rolleyes: Yet I still insist on wearing them 1/2 the time and then end up discarding them 1/2 way thru the night (much to Tom's dismay *the glass Sar, the glass :rolleyes: *

Hmm .. I wanted to take heels, but I thought of a/ the heat and b/ the length of time I would be out dancing ! (I'm out there to DANCE, not POSE) ...

Bet I will regret not taking em as they make my 5ft 1 a BIT taller!

DrewUK said:
My missus can dance in heels all night every night :eek:

She has it mastered ;)

It's not so bad in England cos the longest you're going to be dancing is 11pm-8am at Ministry, it's when I'm doing 12 hour+ seshs in Ibiza that I have to bring out the flatties, altho I can guarantee heels will be going in my case yet again this year :rolleyes:

I will def. NOT be packing any masochistic footwear this year. The Miami Winter Music Conf. was my LAST affair with fashion over comfort. Walking out of a party at The Shore Club, wincing every step of the way, winding up getting geriatric footwear at Walgreens (drug store) en route to Opium Garden. No more heels, no wedges, no way. There's a reason they don't make them for boys, isn't there? Plus, there's nothing fashionable about minging, agonized, abused feet.
For standing there and looking nice, heels are fine. However, for dancing and prancing, easy breezy footwear anyday.
Plus, there's the fact that up until this recent post-Miami resolution, I'd wreck my feet on every night out & every holiday.
I've actually (in a much younger and naiver day) loaded up on booze and codeine when I knew that we'd have to walk home from a club (no taxis/no buses) to dull the ache of ambitious footwear.
If you can pull it off -- fair play, but I'm officially a proud member of the "happy short girls who wear flat shoes" brigade :p

Completely agree with you Mrs D :D Plus there are so many gorgeous flip-flops in the shops in summer would be rude not to invest in a few pairs :p ;)

Ibiza-girlie said:
true but if youre used to wearing high heels, wearing flat shues CAN be painful as well darlings!

I wear both, if I'm only going out for a 'little' night will wear heels but if I know I'm going to be throwing a few shapes on my podium for 10+ hours then it's flatties all the way. I like dancing too much to run the risk of getting achey breaking feet part-way thru the night :eek:

understandable...i´ve sprung my ankle twice cuz of that! was so drunk i didnt feel the pain before the morning after lol* 8)

Ibiza-girlie said:
understandable...i´ve sprung my ankle twice cuz of that! was so drunk i didnt feel the pain before the morning after lol* 8)

Ahhh clubbing injuries, don't get me onto that one. I come home from a night out covered in bruises, cuts, sprains, pulled muscles, you name it :rolleyes: and I never have any recollection of doing them :eek:

Barbie said:
I like dancing too much to run the risk of getting achey breaking feet part-way thru the night :eek:

Precisely. There's nothing worse than that voice inside your head saying "sit down, your blisters have broken and are now bleeding and sore" when the rest of you is good to go. The deal is, I'm a total shoe whore as well, so I always thought it was appropriate to marry these two loves: obnoxious and tall footwear and maniacal sessions of dancing. However, in my "old age," I've seen the light. It could also be falling down one too many flights of stairs at clubs who inappropriately put the toilets on a different level than the dance floor :eek:

i never hear that voice inside of me, whilst wearing heels---the dya after maybe, but thats more like "you idiot, noe you sont be able to wear bare feet for the next century!" hihi

Ibiza-girlie said:
high heels all the way, babies!
flad shoes: no-no!
wear the pain with grace!

No way! Hobbling about like a kinky cowboy for the following week ain't graceful.

Plus my man's shorter than me so I've had to stick all my heels in the back of the cupboard.

Back