What kind of Music does the West End Have??

MarkyBoy

Hi
i am off to Ibiza 1st time this year and have heard a lot about the west end just wondering what kind of bars you got down there and what music is played!?

any help will be good!

Get on the Beers Son!! :D:D

Hi
i am off to Ibiza 1st time this year and have heard a lot about the west end just wondering what kind of bars you got down there and what music is played!?

any help will be good!

Get on the Beers Son!! :D:D

All sorts. Irish bar Joe Spoons, Welsh Bar I've forgotten the name of, Scottish bars Kilties and The Highlander. R n B Bar/Disco Soul City, Play 2 a free club with dance music of various kinds and many more.

The West End gets a lot of bad press from older, 'cooler' folk, but if you are in your teens or early 20s and you want to get drunk and meet girls, it'll be fun.

Try and get out for a night or two though - try some of the big clubs elsewhere on the island.

If you become an Ibiza convert, over the years you'll probably find the ratio of West End nights to 'elsewhere' nights gradually shifts away from West End.

Enjoy!

A small bit of Ibiza Trivia for you.

Play 2 was where Carl Cox first DJayed in Ibiza. The club was owned by Pepe Rosello who is the present owner of Space. Both are still very good friends.

A small bit of Ibiza Trivia for you.

Play 2 was where Carl Cox first DJayed in Ibiza. The club was owned by Pepe Rosello who is the present owner of Space. Both are still very good friends.

Never heard that before, cool.

Agree with the West End thing, used to spend my nights off from clubbing there in my youth. Was great after a big night like Manumission as nearly everyone was on a carry on/come down from the night before - great laugh.

It has changed over the years and hadn't bothered giving it a look in for a good few years until a couple of years ago. We now pop by for a drink on the way back on a couple of nights and sit out and have a drink and people watch. Very entertaining!

Also tend to pop into the Highlander to watch the Hearts games during the day if on.

If you are young, want cheap drink and even cheaper women you will love it!

Sound good im 22 so i will be trying the West End out a bit! but will definitely be going to the big clubs as well!
any information on where good to drink in the day time will be great!
cant wait to get out there now!! going 30th june for a week will it be buzzing by then?

Cheers:D:D

Sound good im 22 so i will be trying the West End out a bit! but will definitely be going to the big clubs as well!
any information on where good to drink in the day time will be great!
cant wait to get out there now!! going 30th june for a week will it be buzzing by then?

Cheers:D:D

Daytime drinking, with good views...

Golden Buddha

Itaca

Ibiza Rocks Bar

^^ along with Bay Bar & Tulp if you're staying round town. You might hear a bit of this sort of music too in San An .. unless the mayoress hears it in which case it'll be for the DJ :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkm9sjWxoeA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFS-RzIpRd0

Seriously tho' Hush! in the West End is a decent place to go if you're not motherless and want a decent night with good music (especially when the residents are playing - some v. dodgy guests earlier in the night on occasion but usually good and free entry). Open till 6am. Drinks are not cheap by West End standards but way less than the big clubs. I crawled in there on several occasions last year and always had a fun time. Beware of the establishment opposite tho' if you're w*nkered .. many a young man has been relieved of his weekly budget by those naughty strippers and their wicked ways :lol:.

In the West End, Tropicana is OK - commercial music but usually friendly enough inside, and Koppas can be decent/fun too. Bar Amsterdam is a nice quiet place to go - but many people don't stay in there very long, I don't think :)!:). Viva! is a bit of a refuge from fellow "weekly tourists" (i.e. usually lots of workers in there instead) but it was very quiet last year. If you like trance music go to Tropi.

I think I may be banned from Kilties for conduct wholly unbecoming of man of my age and experience last October ... but it's basically a typical Scottish boozer. With an emphasis on the booze .. and despite having been dragged in to Funky Flares and picked up a lovely girl last year after one round of drinks I still can't bring myself to say anything good about the place :lol:. You'll do the rounds soon enough and find the places which suit you best.

Have fun !

The west end is good if you want to pull and get hammered but its pretty tacky. I would say if you want to see what Ibiza is about to get about to all the super clubs and beach bars all over the island.

the west end is good. I dln't care what any pdb / ibiza town snob says about the place - ive had some good nights there. Music is really cheesy dance / pop music - guetta, swedes etc but thats par for the course in san an!

You can have a good time on the west end or in PDB small bars. Just give it a go and you will find something you like.

Back