What is the ONE memory of Ibiza you have that will never leave you?

koppas84

Can be good or bad but, ideally, the good ones. Although the bad ones are probably going to be more interesting. :D

Be interesting to hear some of these if people care to divulge.

October 1996
My Wife and I got married at the open air church at the Pueblo Aspargus in Calallonga. We paid for 25 friends and family to come and the whole week was great.
Regards
Peter

our plan was to catch our flights directly after a night of clubbing.
so we put all out garbage in the rentalcar and off we drove to cocoon.

in the morning we couldn´t leave in time, because all the time some of our group
said "please one more song, then let´s go" ...

at around 9am -
it was a year before some ****ing retards invented
the stupid ****ing "no afterhjours/no dayparty-laws -
we left amnesia ... and it was raining like ****ing hell.

to make things worse there was a ridiculous traffic-jam @ amnesia-parking,
the few meters from parking to the main road took us around 30min.
belive it or not - it was raining so hard that the mainroad (sanan-pdb)
was like a small muddy river ... after a few meters our car (with 5 people inside)
started to slide sideways (!) down the road ...
ok, we had a female driver but we didn´t blame it on her ...

then suddenly that "river" deepened at once, because another muddy "river"
from the fields united with the mainroad"river".
a second later all lights inside that silly car (renault) went on ...
... and the engine stopped - maybe 4ever because water came inside ?!

we were all ****ed and missed our flights :))

Ibiza is like the 1960´s. If you remember the 60´s, you were´nt really there...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ibiza is like the 1960´s. If you remember the 60´s, you were´nt really there...

Bang on the money there Warren. ALOT of amazing stuff has happened for me in Ibiza, though I cant remember half of it. :lol:

I suppose I have to say getting married there for mine, we did it at the lovely Atzaro 3 years ago. :p

I don't remember which summer it was (see Warren D above :lol:), but there was one visit where I was sitting in a sun lounger on the beach at Bora Bora one afternoon.

Still a bit wasted from an amazing night out the night before. The sun was shining bright. Blue skies, gentle waves. The beach was not too crowded. Some top-notch house music was wafting over from the bar. I had an ice-cold beer one hand, a cigarette in the other, and an umbrella overhead. Beautiful people all around me.

Quite possibly, the happiest, most content moment of my life. Just a second, when everything seemed perfect.

I think there have been many but one of my favs was my first visit to the Island and experiencing proper day time clubbing in the form of the terrace in Space, popping over to Bora Bora and then back to Space......

I loved the planes taking off, I loved the freedom of dancing around in the sunshine to good tunes and smiling people - I remember looking around and thinking this is so good it should be illegal... (then I kind of thought - hmmm most of what were doing is :lol::lol:)

Another favourite moment is sitting on the terrace in Pacha for an Underwater night and just getting to "that place" ;) and feeling incredibly uplifted and ready to take on anyone on the dancefloor (that was when there used to be space to dance in Pacha!)

Sitting on the beach at PdB and watching the sunrise one morning on getting up early, watching the sunset at Es Vedra one evening

.... actually so many good times - hard to choose....

Only one "bad" time but we still had a ball - First year going out there with food poisoning after being told I couldnt fly by the doc cos I was too dehydrated, still went and after 3 days of vomiting eventually got better then went and stood on a sea urchin in the sea at San An outside Cafe Del Mar. Had to have the spines taken out my foot the next day at hospital when my leg swelled up to twice its size in the middle of the night that very same day Phil got food poisoning from a pizza place in Cala Llonga and then 2 days later he got an ear infection so he looked like Plug out of the Bash St Kids and was told he couldnt fly back home..... :lol::lol::lol: Still with all the injuries and illness - we still managed 8 clubs in 2 weeks...

Bang on the money there Warren. ALOT of amazing stuff has happened for me in Ibiza, though I cant remember half of it. :lol:

I suppose I have to say getting married there for mine, we did it at the lovely Atzaro 3 years ago. :p

As for clubbing moments, It'd have to be whenever the old terrace went off big time. Everyone happy, planes flying overhead, those big fans trying to keep us cool, people turning up with suitcases. They really were the days 8)

But one defining moment (I mentioned it in the Pick 1 tune thread) was in 97/98 (cant remember Warren), upon entering the terrace hearing the intro to Ultra nate - Free, then the whole place singing along, very special.

My best moment came in Play 2 in 2005. It was the second time I had been to Ibzia and the first time I had "dabbled". Was pretty apprehensive about buying a "green rolex" but did it anyway, waited and while and them came up. Oh my god. :D Made my way to Play 2 and realised that all these blokes were asking how I was doing and asking if Im having a good night. At first I thought it was a gay night or something but then you start doing the same and you realise its the effects of other things. :D Can remember going mad to "I Feel Love" by CRW and thinking I wouldn't have wanted to have been anywhere else in the world at that moment. :D Oh, and I pulled three birds within 15 minutes. The most prolific I have ever been I think.

Oh, that is followed closely by my first ever sunset, sitting on the rocks by Mambo, thinking "wow". This is what it's all about. God I love Ibiza.

Back