What is the Guy/Girl Ratio In Ibiza ?

JT said:
As far as i can recall before the mid/early nineties boom there was a much better ratio.

Those were the days when lots of Scandinavian people travelled to Ibiza. Male/female ratio of those travellers was about 50/50. 1995 they stopped doing trips from Finland and eventually from other scandinavian countries too. :cry:

Alicia said:
You can buy a holiday package from Denmark but it's no good and expensive.

I didn't know that! What's the travel agency? Does it have the internet site? I have been in Ibiza once with danish people (Tjäreborg). I'm pretty sure that they are not doing it any more...

What would have to be done or who could work it out to attract again the masses from Northern Europe and achieve that the Scandinavian travel agencies offered again good trips to Ibiza?

I sense a big gap in the market 'clubbing tours' could be the next big thing. This could be a big money spinner for someone in Scandinavia + you could become a major 'player' in Ibiza which in turn would bring all the freebes & kudos many people crave.

TigerVlc said:
What would have to be done or who could work it out to attract again the masses from Northern Europe and achieve that the Scandinavian travel agencies offered again good trips to Ibiza?

I can give you problems but I don't have solutions:

1. Ticket price in big clubs. We have nightclubs everywhere and we are used to ticket prices from 4 euros to 7 euros. If you have big name guest you can have ticket price like 10 euros. It's shocking to have ticket price like 50 euros in Ibiza.

2. Price of alcohol in clubs. Prices at bars are about at the same level. But when Scandinavians go to club they are used to drinking alcohol. And with Ibizan club-prices it is too expensive.

3. Price of package. You must pay little more of everything in Ibiza. And when Scandinavians compare price of Ibiza and Rhodes or Marmaris...why pay more? If you can go to Rhodes cheaper than Ibiza - what's the difference?

I feel the difference but mostly Scandinavians don't know anything about it.

JT said:
I sense a big gap in the market 'clubbing tours' could be the next big thing. This could be a big money spinner for someone in Scandinavia + you could become a major 'player' in Ibiza which in turn would bring all the freebes & kudos many people crave.

You're so right JT :!:

The problem is that big travel agencies don't want to stain their image with problems :eek: in Ibiza. They have big business going and Ibiza has definitely too big risk to have problems like "boy jumped from balcony and died - travel agency to blame".

I have wondered how can travel agencies make profit with holiday packages. If you pay flight, hotel and personnel there can't be much left. Travel agencies always have co-operation with bars, clubs and shops. Do they have just discount prices or do they get some money from co-operation too?

I hear what you guys are saying about pulling in Ibiza but its always nice to get a bit of action on your hols......

Roy said:
if 35-40% is the Max amount of girls in a party so its not as worthwhile as i thought going to Ibiza in Summer.

This is hilarious :lol:

You can't think much of yourself if 35% girls isn't enough volume for you to find a taker. You're obviously worried about the amount of competition.

What you must realise is that, as many have said above, few people go to Ibiza to pull so the competition aint as bad as you think.

You could even pretend you're rich :idea:

look roy sure it's a lot of money .but think for a second why all of us been in Ibiza more then once ?? why people here can't wait till the summer ?
that's because :
Ibiza = heaven
it's more then ratio men / woman :twisted:
i waste in 12 days 1800 E which is a lot in israeli money :cry: and i'm glad i did :rolleyes:
i had the best time ever :D ;)

of the 60-70% male population at clubs... at least half of those guys are gay... so really there are more girls to staights guys than u may have first thought!!!

Back