What is that song that reminds you to the summer?

C

carla

What is that song that reminds you to the summer?

for my there are many special songs that remind me especially to one summer, but I no longer speak alone of memories, if not also of songs that announce or evoke the summer, me for example every time that I listen - Get Over You - of Sophie Ellis Bextor thinks of this summer 2003 that this to come.................
and that you win I have me that it arrives!

Octave one - Blackwater.

Each and every time.

Also wicked summer tunes...

Class A - Streetlife (Listen to this in a convertible goin rather quick. One of the best moments of my life ever!!!!)

Kid Creme - Austins Groove

MaW - To Be In Love

Theres too many. I could be here all day...

tunes

fresh prine and jazzy jeff summertime ll cool j lounging.

faithless insomina, dj quicksilva drainbug, todd terry something going on...
storm time to burn.. just a couple for now... i love da summer.

A definate all time 2002 summer tune for me, Thick Dick - Insatiable, so reminds me of last summer in Ibiza...oh how i miss it!!! :(

MAW 'To Be In Love' + 'Backfired' - dancing round the fountains @ Coastline last year and then on the tables @ Savannah!!

Steve Arrington 'Feel So Real' - worked in 85, still works now!

....have to agree with Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince - Summertime but for me the one with the most memories has to be Pete Heller - Big Love....perfect roof down summer driving tune if evere there was one. 8)

Dr Fox said:
....but for me the one with the most memories has to be Pete Heller - Big Love....perfect roof down summer driving tune if evere there was one. 8)

Oh yes!! Forgot about that one!

OK - but just to make u jealous, I first heard that in Body + Soul, NYC in Feb 99, dropped by mr Danny Krivit.

So there!!

Pete Heller - Big Love YAY :D :D :D

When we went to Ibiza for Millennium, we were at Space on New Years Day, the sun was shining, it was gorgeous weather and mid-afternoon the DJ dropped Big Love and I had never been so happy in my life..............until next time :p ;)

I'm sure it'll all change this summer ... But for now, I can almost feel sunkissed when I hear "At Night" (shakedown -- any mix) or "Good Life" (inner city / kaori.... I happily recall getting p***ed on red bull & vodkas, sitting upstairs at Bar M, fatboy slim spinning it right below us... ahhh...The funny thing is, I remember this song from ages ago too... when house was still goin' thru some changes ;) )

mrs. d. said:
"Good Life" (inner city / kaori.... I happily recall getting p***ed on red bull & vodkas, sitting upstairs at Bar M, fatboy slim spinning it right below us... ahhh...The funny thing is, I remember this song from ages ago too... when house was still goin' thru some changes ;) )

1988 - what a year!!

Dr Fox said:
misterc, Babs n mrs d.....you have taste! :D

But of course!! We have experience on our side and some great memories to boot!

BTW - new Sandy Rivera In The House on Defected is v.good.

Saw that in HMV but it was, if you pardon the expression, a toss-up for the Jay, Jay n Miguel Migs one.......Maybe next time........I come 100m within range of the bl00dy place!! :lol:

staying power

Good Life...
That's truly a testament to quality house... When the first time it went around we were just getting into s*** (right around when people on our side of the pond were following the phrase "acid house" with a "?" ... wondering where our homegrown variety was going...)
And then in our more experienced maturity, it comes right back 'round.
Ahhh... 8)

Dr Fox said:
Saw that in HMV but it was, if you pardon the expression, a toss-up for the Jay, Jay n Miguel Migs one.......Maybe next time........I come 100m within range of the bl00dy place!! :lol:

The Jay J + Miguel one is better!! ;)

Re: staying power

mrs. d. said:
Good Life...
That's truly a testament to quality house... When the first time it went around we were just getting into s*** (right around when people on our side of the pond were following the phrase "acid house" with a "?" ... wondering where our homegrown variety was going...)
And then in our more experienced maturity, it comes right back 'round.
Ahhh... 8)

Back when Inner City were "techno" !!!

Back