What happens when you pick on the wrong guy...

Jam Man

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...bruised-and-bleeding-by-retired-boxer-72.html

Burglar left bruised and bleeding by retired boxer, 72

A burglar who broke into a house and threatened a pensioner with a knife got more than he bargained for when the victim turned out to be a retired boxer who left him bruised and bleeding.

By Richard Savill
Published: 2:16PM BST 30 Jun 2009

boxer_1434110c.jpg

The court heard Frank Corti (right) was at home in Botley when Gregory McCalium, a neighbour, forced his way in Photo: PA / SWNS

Frank Corti, 72, who served with the Royal Engineers in North Africa from 1956-58, dodged the knife and punched Gregory McCalium, 23, twice in the face, giving him a black eye and a swollen lip. He then restrained the attacker until police arrived.
McCalium, a barman, was given a four-and-a-half year prison sentence at Oxford Crown Court on Monday for aggravated burglary and was told by the judge he had "got what he deserved".

The court heard Mr Corti was at home in Botley, Oxford, with his wife Margaret, 72, when McCalium, a neighbour, forced his way in at 8am on Aug 19 last year. McCalium was drunk.

Speaking after the case, Mr Corti said: "I was scared when he first drew the knife, but my old training must have kicked in because I just punched him as hard as I could and he went down like a sack of spuds. If you can't defend what's yours, where are we at?"
McCalium had denied the charge and claimed he could not remember what happened.

Good on the old fellah!!! If the 'orrible little scrotes thought they were risking a good hiding every time they were thinking about robbing a pensioner maybe the world would be a better place!

Back