What do you think of TURNMILLS london ?

When I first moved down here 4 years ago used to be regular at The Gallery on Fridays and been to loads of City Louds and Danny Rampling nights on Saturdays (what's it called now it used to be London Calling is it Metrogroove now??)

Good night, not overly keen on layout of the club and used to be put off by early closing on Saturday nights when it used to shut at 5am for Trade but that's all changed now.

Yeah so overall I like it :D

yeah i like it, been loads to gallery, and a few heat events, they used to do day time events on a saturday that were wicked..

nice clean club with a wicked crowd..

still, it not The Cross, which is bar far the best in london :D

lynch said:
still, it not The Cross, which is bar far the best in london :D

Nah give me Ministry any day of the wk, far better line-ups and at least you can get little bit of room to dance at Ministry :D

DrewUK said:
Bed, Sheffield ;)

Sorry to intervene.

Drew

I have some friends who stay in Sheffield and was planning to go down this summer to visit them. But as they are not really into the club scene very much, I do plan to go out when there with my mate who's travelling down with me...

I really don't know a thing about Sheffield though and just wondered what Bed is like?

I mean music policy n whatever - and what night would be the best to go? I have read bits n bobs about the club but I feel its always best to get an opinion from someone who has been...

Cheers

Mark

No worries, its a very very good club.

Cant think of many clubs in uk that has better dj lineups - check out their site at:

http://www.gatecrasher.co.uk/bed/

Very dressy club but not too pretentious. Gets very busy so best to get tickets.

Sheffield has some great bars too, such as: -

Takapuna
Halcyon
Forum
Sola
Hush

Give Sheffield a whirl - you won't be dissapointed.

Any other advice needed, just pm me.

Good luck.

turmills, ok not the best, i agree with Barbie, ministry of sound 100% much better.
turmills a bit cavey like
but having said that you can have some top nights there
go and check it out!

klingclubber said:
turmills, ok not the best, i agree with Barbie, ministry of sound 100% much better.
turmills a bit cavey like
but having said that you can have some top nights there
go and check it out!

Do you go to Ministry much, I am there far too many times a month, let me know next time you're going down there so we can say hello :D

Always had a great night @ turnmills. Got 2 agree with barbie though that since trade has closed the club has become a lot better. It was a complete nightmare when they used to close the back room and try and squeeze everone into the main area. Personal fave nights I've had are Paris Calling last year, and Roger Sanchez vs CJ Mackintosh. Check out CJ's City Loud night, pretty damn sexy.
Main problem with m.o.s is the tourists and 'business' folks you get there till about 2-3, but the place starts to get jumping when they all leave

as of the past week end

dodge the bullets.....i hard it was been closed down soon as welll....don't quote me on that it's just a romour.

Re: as of the past week end

ksixty9 said:
dodge the bullets.....i hard it was been closed down soon as welll....don't quote me on that it's just a romour.

Dodge the bullets where??

Dodge the bullets at Turnmills - Two people shot, one dead i think last night or sun maybe :( It was at a Lisa Maffia/So Solid creew gig - Nuff said :rolleyes:

N8 said:
Dodge the bullets at Turnmills - Two people shot, one dead i think last night or sun maybe :( It was at a Lisa Maffia/So Solid creew gig - Nuff said :rolleyes:

OMG I hadn't heard that, been in my own little world all wkend.

Funking hell, that's not very good for Turnmills but they've only got themselves to blame if they hold things like garage nights there. It was like when Peach used to have a garage room and someone got stabbed there, what on earth goes thru these people's minds to even be taking a gun/knife out with them :rolleyes: :cry:

I know, the garage scene seems to be full of attitude even more than ever. Apparntly EIGHT gunmen forced entry into Turnmills and went trigger happy :( Unfortunately the garage scene is more popular than ever and clubs are willing to host events for the ££££ :rolleyes:

Trade vs Misery of tourists

Yup, I heard about the shooting too....
...and since everyone's putting their views down I have to put my five penneth worth in.
What's all this bullsh*t about 'now trade has closed the club has got better'? Trade IS turnmills, no f*ck it, trade IS London!! People will always say it's had its day but isn't that just cynical London speak???
I was at the Trade Madhatten party at Turnmills on Saturday morning and had the maddest night ever! It's twisted!!
Trade sh*ts on the gallery by far! Singers in the lite lounge adding vocals to the music with live bongo players, muscle alley done up with walk/don't walk and central park signs, fabulous trannies, the statue of liberty walking around with her torch & more lasers than I've ever seen at Turnmills!
I like trade so much better than the Ministry, it rocks. Ministry is cool too though but I challenge anyone to do the next trade (it's about once a month now) and say that the Elephant & castle tourist trap is better.
Saying that though, if the Masters at Work ae playing I'm there!!! Will this clash with Homelands????
Turnmills on any other night is generally boll*cks though I reckon (especially if people get shot). Hope they don't close it down, I'll be devastated!

:cry:

Re: Trade vs Misery of tourists

Robder said:
Yup, I heard about the shooting too....
...and since everyone's putting their views down I have to put my five penneth worth in.
What's all this bullsh*t about 'now trade has closed the club has got better'? Trade IS turnmills, no f*ck it, trade IS London!! People will always say it's had its day but isn't that just cynical London speak???
I was at the Trade Madhatten party at Turnmills on Saturday morning and had the maddest night ever! It's twisted!!
Trade sh*ts on the gallery by far! Singers in the lite lounge adding vocals to the music with live bongo players, muscle alley done up with walk/don't walk and central park signs, fabulous trannies, the statue of liberty walking around with her torch & more lasers than I've ever seen at Turnmills!
I like trade so much better than the Ministry, it rocks. Ministry is cool too though but I challenge anyone to do the next trade (it's about once a month now) and say that the Elephant & castle tourist trap is better.
Saying that though, if the Masters at Work ae playing I'm there!!! Will this clash with Homelands????
Turnmills on any other night is generally boll*cks though I reckon (especially if people get shot). Hope they don't close it down, I'll be devastated!

:cry:

The only reason I said I prefered Turnmills now that Trade is RIP :cry: is cos Sat nights used to shut too early at 5am and for last hour they would cram everyone into main room.

I agree Trade is an institution, I just used to think Turnmills were trying to make as much money as they could by having the Sat night (City Loud or London Calling or whatever) shut that early and then have Trade.

Masters at Work are 31 May :D Homelands is 24 May :D so you can do both :D

Oooh good!! Cheers for the tip off.
MAW have to be the best producers in the world. I've got most of their remixes and they've been on rotation in my cd player for what seems like years! I can't play anything else!
Never been to London calling so can't comment on that one.

Robder said:
Oooh good!! Cheers for the tip off.
MAW have to be the best producers in the world. I've got most of their remixes and they've been on rotation in my cd player for what seems like years! I can't play anything else!
Never been to London calling so can't comment on that one.

I am looking forward to MAW more than any other night so far this year at the mo, last time I saw then was something like 3 years ago doing a 6 hour afternoon set at GCSSS so it is well overdue - they are going to tear the Box apart for 9 hours :D

Back