What cities had the worst club scenes you've seen?

Morbyd

Vienna - couldn't find a thing to do
Prague - clubs I visited were boring, but it's possible I only scratched the surface. The bar scene was alright though.

I could list some towns in Siberia and Kazakhstan, but that might bore you :lol:

I suppose it must be a symptom of living in London, which has such a great club scene, but when I travel to foreign cities (with the exception of Ibiza of course!) I'm not really very interested in going clubbing. :confused: ;)

prague's shite, suppose I didnt really go looking for music, just walk down the road and somehow managed to end up in strip clubs every nite

Las Vegas was pretty shit for anything other than R+B/Rap/Hip-Hop but now Godskitchen are running the best club there i guess it may be a lot better....

N8, Las Vegas is one of my fave spots on the planet... def need to pump up the electronic music scene there!! When Baby's closed and Body English at the Hard Rock opened up, I thought the music would be cutting edge as well... no such luck. Surprisingly Ra at the Luxor played decent music last May. Drai's, the famed afterhours club, also had some sexy shyte spinning in the wee hours.

Tycoon, still flabberghasted by your commentary on Miami. You are the only person I have EVER heard complain about it. Sorry you had such a crap time there, don't know what went so awry (other than the superficial people, which can be found anywhere and should be ignored anyways).

Can't really say that there was any 1 bad experience in particular in Miami. I have been there half a dozen times - each time thinking I should give it another try - but no. Doesn't work for me, don't get positive feeling from the scene at all. I'll save my money for places south of the border - way south: Buenos Aires, Punta del Este and any beach in Brazil. Now it seems Valparaiso and Vina del Mar are becoming hot. Where's my Lan Chile ticket?

Oh, and forgot to continue to harp on another US city: Las Vegas: no, no and no. That is definitely not a cool place. It is actually quite laughable when you stand back and think about what you see there. Now talk about superficial layered on top of artificial.
A shame really since it sounds so good on paper!
Hey Angelenos, on the Pacha website, they mention a Pacha in Los Angeles is in the works. Anyone hear about that? Where is it going to be? Malibu?!

Tycoon said:
Can't really say that there was any 1 bad experience in particular in Miami. I have been there half a dozen times - each time thinking I should give it another try - but no. Doesn't work for me, don't get positive feeling from the scene at all.
I will say that, in my one visit to Miami, I didn't feel especially comfortable in the clubs. There was an aggressive atmosphere around (I visited Space and... I forget... that club a block from Cro Bar).

I haven't totally written the city off yet. They do get some good parties down there, and Nikki Beach Club was quite nice.

vienna isnt that bad, allthough its very conservative, the good places are very hided...call me the next time you are here ;)

Morbyd said:
Tycoon said:
Can't really say that there was any 1 bad experience in particular in Miami. I have been there half a dozen times - each time thinking I should give it another try - but no. Doesn't work for me, don't get positive feeling from the scene at all.
I will say that, in my one visit to Miami, I didn't feel especially comfortable in the clubs. There was an aggressive atmosphere around (I visited Space and... I forget... that club a block from Cro Bar).

I haven't totally written the city off yet. They do get some good parties down there, and Nikki Beach Club was quite nice.

Nikki beach has a very nice atmosphere, There Saturday party is called "Ibiza Party"

I hear what you are saying about the atmosphere. There's too much of an "image" thing going on here in Miami.

But still great Djs...
050701_lg.jpg

050703_lg.jpg

050704_lg.jpg

Back