What Are You Listening To Right Now??

This DJ wakes me up. I don't know why I just feel energized when I listen to Thee-O. Well, I do sort of know why... It's nostalgia to a certain degree.

Most of my partying career, as some who've seen me post will know, has been primarily solo missions to clubs and raves. And while there was a crowd from a message board much like ours here that all went to the same parties (raves/clubs) in LA, we weren't close; we just knew each other from the last rave, and had rave names such that real names were seldom used, needed, shared, or anything.

Well, before any of that there was Thee-O. :D I had heard friends from home - not in LA - mention Thee-O from their raving memoirs or history of parties. They knew who he was and said he was dope/hip or whatever. They thought he was good, along with Jason Blakemore and probably some other underground - oh yes... it comes to me now :rolleyes: R.A.W. as well.

The names were mentioned to me, and I thought nothing of it, but if you remember the first time you looked at a large rave flyer, you don't know any of the names. And it was exciting because Thee-O was playing a bunch of parties when I was raving in the early 2000s. That was special. Most of his tapes' releases precede my experience, but I have a strong rapport with his music simply due to association.

Back