What Are You Listening To Right Now??

SP's been around for donkeys. knows the score. quietly does his stuff. no hype, no fuss. the genuine article. Used to post good stuff on the Faith boards. I did go to the Gardening Club once but I think it might been Fat Tony on the decks who was shit so we didn't hang about.

Was just reading dave clarke's comments about "business techno" and "ghost producers" (ahem...) He doesn't hold back! (absolutely spot on of course). I like DC. He's probably alienated everyone in music at some point over the years but genuinely doesn't give a shit.

and a load of classic goodness from Newcastle's finest

69 "Desire"
Bandulu "Guidance"
Hutton Drive "324"
Patrice Scott "Evolutions PT1"
Lawrence "Treacle Mine"
Sulky Pup "Cardinal Numbers"
Maurizio "Domina"
Claro Intelecto "Senti"
Mathew Jonson "Ball Of Light"
Future Beat Alliance "Change Design"
Quadrant "Infinition"
Robert Hood "Black Man's Word"
Neil Iceton "Spaghettification"
Silent Phase "Spirit Of Sankofa"

it's a trip... I hear this song, and I can't help but think about how far we've come as a global community. I've only been on board since the turn of the millennium, and I think the true advent of popular electronica was several years before that with the recognition of artists like the Prodigy or Crystal Method, and Fatboy Slim in the mid-to-late nineteen nineties.

Something truly special happened here and we're all a part of that. I think it's beautiful. & what was once a secret underground phenomena is now becoming much more inclusive. It's spreading and growing and becoming a powerful albeit perhaps commercial force.

Electronic has become much more common, and also more advanced than it was in 1997. But when I hear something like "Flaming June" it puts everything into a neat little niche - a perspective so special that in my own mind at least, it's impervious to even the most potent scrutiny.

This community, our world, was built on tracks like this one! :)

Last edited:
Back