What Are You Listening To Right Now??

I Love Acid posted a Calvin Harris track on FB earlier, which I imagine scared the living shit out of his regular fans when it came out!

Bob Marley ? Biggest ever loss to music, based on the age he died, what he brought to the world, and what he would've had to give ?

It's a long list, but he has to be at the top, no ?

not sure he had quite the same global impact on music as Lennon, Elvis or Michael Jackson but certainly up there
yeah, it's a long list as I said, and I understand what you're saying, but .... ;)

Lennon had his best years in the Beatles. Elvis was a shadow of himself when he died. MJ was also past his best, in my opinion.

Marley though, was responsible for a whole genre of music going global, and I think he would've only got better as he got older.

(Just checked their ages when they died though, and shocked that Lennon was 40 and Elvis was only 42. What a bloody waste)

not sure he had quite the same global impact on music as Lennon, Elvis or Michael Jackson but certainly up there

Yeah,again all great artist,my favourite listed there is lennon. But bob marleys music was politically charged,and not of the the mainstream,not until later. I think that's why he and Peter tosh fell out in the end? The Beatles, Elvis and MJ were pop artists and automatically reach a larger audience. ?

the beatles, hippies, disco, kraut, synth, punk, hiphop, acid house

has there been a musical movement in the last 25 years that comes close?

the beatles, hippies, disco, kraut, synth, punk, hiphop, acid house

has there been a musical movement in the last 25 years that comes close?
I do wonder how I would've felt had grime hit when I was in my teens/20's. A proper homegrown scene that speaks to a generation. Been a longtime since kids have had that.

But when it comes to scaring the life out the establishment, nothing of note has happened to since rave.

Back