Westfield Shopping Mall

Philly Cent

Just been to have a look at what all the fuss is about!

Was blown away, absolutely amazing, really high spec finish, quality retailers, shops all full, and absolutely packed with punters!

Anyone else been?>

I'm not really a fan of shopping centres as they're so sterile and 'same old same old' but I can jump on a bus at the bottom of our road that takes me straight to Westfield so I think I will check it out and then pass judgement.

I've just got back - hated it. :lol:

At first glance it's impressive I guess but it's got about as much soul as Great Mills. If walking around an air conditioned aircraft hangar like a battery hen listening to Curtis Stigers, 'On the wings of love' is your thing then I highly recommend it.

It's like Heathrow's terminal five with all the stress that comes with Ikea.

Why on earth anyone would see coming here as entertainment is beyond me. If you're shopping in Covent Garden you can chill with a smoothie in Neils Yard or stop in an old London pub for a pint. Instead, lovers of glorified suburban sh*t can chase each other around like consumerist robot lemmings. Twats. :lol:

Anyone going this weekend has clearly lost their mind. It's only a berluddy shopping centre ffs - 100,000 people are likely to descend on the place on Saturday. :eek:

If Matter was a shopping centre it would be Westfield. ;)

Instead, lovers of glorified suburban sh*t can chase each other around like consumerist robot lemmings. Twats. :lol:

:lol:

so true. from what i have seen from afar, its got the same big chains as you can get in every other large shopping centre, only diff is, it caters for da west london massive crowds.

like brent cross does for the north london chavs, lakeside for the essex chavs, and bluewater for the essex/kent chavs with a bit more cash.

ill prob go come sale time tho. i do like a rummage.

Robder in not liking something mainstream, modern, populist and new shocker!!!!!!!!!

You're so individual, different and crazy man!!!11!!!!lol!1

;)

Robder in not liking something mainstream, modern, populist and new shocker!!!!!!!!!

You're so individual, different and crazy man!!!11!!!!lol!1

;)

:lol: I know...my distaste for shopping centres is so avant guard and contrary.

:lol: I know...my distaste for shopping centres is so avant guard and contrary.

dont usually like them either, i was more looking at the Architectual Content, its fantastic, great quality, very 21st Century & huge!
Also as a business venture, its exceptionally brave, and a real feat to finish it & fill it bearing in mind the Economic outlook!

Like it or loath it, its the way forward, and far better than the wasted site that it now occupies!

Yes to all of the above...and a great thing if it draws some of the weekend crowds away from the west end. ;)

Back