We're going again- Playa d'en Bossa Jul-Aug 09!

Hi all- just a general introduction as I'm new to the forum. I'm living in Holland with my b/f and went to Ibiza, Playa d'en Bossa last year for the first time. We totally fell in love with the island (although did not see all of it) and have booked our summer holiday, but this time for TWO weeks! Yeeee-Haaaaaa!

Last year was so much fun: the people, the parties and the holiday feeling of the island I've never had anywhere else (and I've travelled a lot). We flew in from Brussels and were sat behing Carl Cox on the plane! It was a cheapo flight LOL :lol:! The first night we actually went to Space for his b'day party but I thought it was full of teenagers. It got slightly better as the night wore on though.

I was only disappointed by the restaurants and the quality of food. What a load of c**p they serve. The only gem we found was in Figueretas, don't remember the name but it was perfect. So if anybody knows a decent restaurant in Playa d'en Bossa (not that we'll be eating there for the whole of two weeks), I'd gladly hear it.

I'm so much looking forwards to going again!

Playa den Bossa is not a dining mecca, but it does have a handful of decent places.

Woody above is referring to Moorea's. They grill fresh cuts of meat and fish right there on the street, at pretty decent prices. We make a point of eating there at least once a trip. It's right in the Jet complex

Many Spotlighters swear by the smoothies at Passion, which is a little further down the road toward Space.

Sometimes you get a craving for the basics - the bowling center across from hotel Garbi will wrap you up a doner kebab in fresh bread baked to order. Delicious.

I didn't check it out last year, but summer before last we enjoyed a good meal at La Terrazza, which is on the same road as the nightclub Diva. Mediterranean/Italian cuisine.

Also on the Italian side, it's been a while but we've enjoyed some homemade pizza and pasta at La Dolve Vita, on the road heading out towards San Jordi.

First things that come to mind. :D

I forgot - haven't eaten there but the seafood place at Bali Beach was supposed to be pretty good.

Also, don't hesitate to get out of PdB to eat. We always rent a car so on alternate days, we pick a random beach to go try out, then eat at a beach restaurant or a village or rural restaurant on the way back.

like said lots of nice places set away from the main resorts.Passion is that the one on the other side of the road set on the corner,just opened last year.that looks nice.

Thanks for your replies. We did go to Moorea on our last night and my b/f got a food poisoning from their paella - we thought we would not make the flight back :eek:. Maybe their bbc meat is better but we won't be rushing back there although it alwys smells delicious when you walk past it. Luckily plenty more restaurants to try out.

they are ok for english food. ie breakfast snack ect.but the do a good sunday roast and have wifi.but if you fancy fresh fish and meat.just go two doors down.where you can get bottles of good wine to go with your meal.Casa Manolo.sundays are packed and you must pre book a table.

the do a good sunday roast
best sunday roast on the island actually :!:

btw, during the last three months i have been eating in JDs (three times), wok gran china, martina, es caliu, muay thai, the old smugglers inn and rickyssimo.....

The Sunday roast at JD's is amazing, was in most weeks in February and will definitely be back in 2 weeks time. Joanne and Darren are great people also and make you feel really welcome.

Joanne and Darren are great people also and make you feel really welcome.
Happy15.gif

Thanks for your replies. We did go to Moorea on our last night and my b/f got a food poisoning from their paella - we thought we would not make the flight back :eek:. Maybe their bbc meat is better but we won't be rushing back there although it alwys smells delicious when you walk past it. Luckily plenty more restaurants to try out.

Yep me n the gf got some dodgy food poisoning after paella there .
The dutch Tapas place in Figueretas called Home Loo's is nice (have tried others there and been dissapointed but never with Home Loo's)

Back