Well, here it is, my review 29th July - 7th August

Elrobbie

God it is so painful being back at work!!

I arrived in Ibiza on the night of 29th July at 2am, stayed at the Sirenis Aparthotel Jabeque in Playa Den Bossa, which was fairly nice, very clean, air conditioned rooms, well I couldn't really complain as I just got a flight over there ad crashed at my mates apartment. A very family hotel but quite pleasant all the same, a couple of decent sized pools and nice sea view.

Met my mates when I got there and had a beer then caught some sleep. I'll spare you the lazy days in the sun details, we all know how quality they are.

Wed night, we had guest list for Soul Heaven so went there, really thought this was going to be THE night for us this year, but unfortunately as talked about in other topics, there weren't enough clubbers to go round so it was fairly quiet, however, after me and my mates gave Timmy Regisford a bit of a pep-talk (haha) and showed our respect, he decided to take to the decks and played a quality set and the small crowd thoroughly enjoyed it, a good night was had by all. Has to be said that Stevie Butler is the man also, quality soulful vibes.

On Thur we went into Ibiza Town for a few drinks then onto Ministry at Pacha for CJ Mackintosh and Danny Rampling. I had a cracking night there, love Pacha, there is nowhere in the world that touches Pacha for me. CJ Mackintosh played a pretty average set for me, loved the first hour of Rampling from 5-6am he played some quality soulful house and driving uplifting house music which is when he's at his best IMO, then he started playing a few dodgy records, like Benny Bennassi (why oh why?) or however you spell it, so spent the rest of thge night in the funky room.

Fri night we went over to San An for the sunset and the bars down there, went to Savannah and Mambo for the Essential Selection, which was OK, Pete Tongs not really my cup of tea any more. Then we went for a few more beers and watched the footie, then onto the Curry Club for a very curry which I enjoyed, you have to go to the Curry Club if you like your Indians, very nice.

Sat night we went to Def Mix for David Morales, Bobby D Ambrosio and Dave Piccioni, Morales was awesome on the night, then went up to the funky room for Bobby D Ambrosio who was quality again after his set in the main room, nice bloke as well.

Straight after there we went onto a 24 hour bar just along the road from Pacha on the corner, can't remember the name of it but we had some good morning sessions in there, very friendly staff and crowd as well.

We then went back to the apartment and got changed and had a few more drinks ready for Space, got there around 9.30am, the terrace started at 10am as usualy with Bobby D Ambrosio doing the DefMix breakfast, really enjoyed it, then one of the residents was on until about 2pm, couldn't tell you who he was but he was a bit boring to say the least, we left not long after that, wanted to go to Bora Bora but it was a bit early for things there, just had a drink and took a walk down the red hot beach. I have to say the volume of the sound system in Space really dissapointed me more than last year, it seems to be getting quieter all the time.

Sunday night we went into town for something to eat and chilled out, had only had an hours sleep so wasn't up for much.

Monday night we went for drinks and a meal in Ibiza Town. Went to La Marina on the front along towards the harbour, would definitely recommend it, we all had some lovely food, my steak was gorgeous and huge.

Tuesday we went to Bora Bora for a few hours then came back to the apartment and got ready for Ibiza Town, had a few drinks down there at the Rock Bar and Base Bar, then get the boat across to El Divino for Moneypennies where Joey Negro ripped it up, absolutely love the fella, he plays some of the funkiest stuff I have ever heard. We then went onto the little 24 hour bar again where we stayed for a couple of hours, I wanted to go to Space as we had free passes but nobody else was up for it.

Wed was my last night as I had to leave at 8am on Thur morning so went to Soul Heaven for a couple of hours to hear Steve Butler then some Italian guy called Paco S was on, wasn't that impressed by him but again it was quiet so was hard to tell, not that we were bothered as it was free.

Anyway, that's about it really, overall, had another brilliant time on the island.

I would say though, things have got to change next year, hopefully there won't be so many nights next year.

Elrobbie said:
we went onto a 24 hour bar just along the road from Pacha on the corner, can't remember the name of it but we had some good morning sessions in there, very friendly staff and crowd as well

grial? :rolleyes:

grial05060301.jpg

I'm not 100% sure, but don't think they turnm the sound system up at space untill about 4ish in the afternoon, hence the quieter sounds?

Don't think it was that bar no. As you come out of Pacha if you go right and cross the road, its just as you get to the corner, right on the corner, think there is a roundabout there.

Space was quite all night last year, can't see it being much different this year.

Quality review matey :D

Surprised to hear that Soul Heaven isn't busier yet, granted it wasn't that busy when we there for Opening with KC but thought it would pick up as season went on and more people heard about it.

They've got the 3 wks of Louie, Kenny and MAW coming up, if that doesn't get the crowds in, then I don't know what will.

Barbie said:
Quality review matey :D

Surprised to hear that Soul Heaven isn't busier yet, granted it wasn't that busy when we there for Opening with KC but thought it would pick up as season went on and more people heard about it.

They've got the 3 wks of Louie, Kenny and MAW coming up, if that doesn't get the crowds in, then I don't know what will.

Apparently the promotion has been really poor.

I think the major problem is the number nights like I've already said but with some of the DJs they have playing at Soul Heaven they should easily manage to get a good crowd.

Apparently there is going to be a big push for the MAW nights, they will need it because if the club is anything like as busy as it was last week there is now way either of them will play, they fell out with Pacha cause the club was only half full and they refused to promote the nights MAW were on.

They've got a good relationship with Soul Heaven and Southport promoters so should be able to sort something out.

Elrobbie said:

I think the major problem is the number nights like I've already said but with some of the DJs they have playing at Soul Heaven they should easily manage to get a good crowd.

Apparently there is going to be a big push for the MAW nights, they will need it because if the club is anything like as busy as it was last week there is now way either of them will play, they fell out with Pacha cause the club was only half full and they refused to promote the nights MAW were on.

They've got a good relationship with Soul Heaven and Southport promoters so should be able to sort something out.

I noticed that there was no PR for it when we were there, a lot of people probably don't know about it and will go to Subliminal on a Weds night for some funky stuff.

Shame really, if I was a promoter and had line-ups like they've got I would be abseiling naked over the island to shout about them :eek: :p :D

Be interesting to see how the MAW nights work out.

Barbie said:
Elrobbie said:

I noticed that there was no PR for it when we were there, a lot of people probably don't know about it and will go to Subliminal on a Weds night for some funky stuff.

Shame really, if I was a promoter and had line-ups like they've got I would be abseiling naked over the island to shout about them :eek: :p :D

Be interesting to see how the MAW nights work out.

I would have tried everything I could to have got it on a Mon night at Pin Up, would have been class, Tue would have been second choice.

Or a Sunday at Pacha, would love to see Soul Heaven at Pacha.

Elrobbie said:
Don't think it was that bar no. As you come out of Pacha if you go right and cross the road, its just as you get to the corner, right on the corner

okay - you mean the new lounge bar santa fé!! :p

Elrobbie said:
think there is a roundabout there

if you keep walking for a couple of minutes you find grial and then a roundabout!! :idea:

Aye quality bar that was, perfect place to chill after Pacha, in fact it was that good we got a taxi from there from Amnesia on the last day(saturday morning) for a few beers.

Its right next to the El Divino apartments, near the road entrance to El Divino Marina.

Back